h22a help

we r swaping in a jap h22a in my buddys lude. we r doing timing belt and…but the question is do we need to run the balancing shafts. the sell the block off plates but we were told that u could just run with out the balancing shaft belt… if u can help let me no

you can run it without the belt. If you want to eliminate them you can get the blockoff kit(less weight w/ out the shafts). I hear 8-10whp gains w/ out the shafts moving. Many people screw up the alignment and just end up cutting the belt.

BTW - make sure you align them properly if using them, they can cause a nasty vibration otherwise. They ARE a pain in the ass to align your first time.

everyone that i know without the belt says its fine… I always use the belt on my motors though.

I would run them it will screw the harmonics of the motor up in time

True unless the motor is race balanced run with them you will mess up the harmonics of the motor and cause a ton of premature wear, I’ve been there and done that. Just run the belts

i would run em unless you plan on getting everything rebalanced. i dont trust that stuff. if its there its usually there for a reason. id keep it.

I would definetly still run them. If you dont want to, you do have to get the rotational mass of the motor rebalanced or you may beging to wear out some internals prematuraly.:wackit: Trust me, 8-12whp is not worth having to rebuild the motor every 20k. The more balanced the motor is, the better off you will be.