Had to upgrade my HDMI cables...

So I bought this:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Digital-Audio-Ethernet-Connection/dp/B003CT2A6I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337898960&sr=8-2[/ame]

Best $2,695 I’ve ever spent.

I also bought seven of these to make sure I’d have HDMI cables for every accessory I planned on ever having.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Coffee+6.6'+HDMI+Cable+-+Brown/Black/1267646.p?id=1218245470758&skuId=1267646&st=1267646&cp=1&lp=1#tabbed-customerreviews

$695.99

First review:

What’s great about it: You get 6 more inches than a 6 foot cable.
What’s not so great: It’s half the size of a cable twice its size.
This cable is certainly not for everyone. However, that being said, you will hear a LOT of rhetoric about digital transmission - namely that signals are comprised of 1s and 0s.
While these binaries are how “normal” digital devices transmit a signal, this HDMI has the capability to transmit a 2. The fourth number in the Fibonacci sequence is a 2. However, the second number in binary is only a 1. So while normal media is transmitting 1s and 0s, where do the 2s go? That’s right - they cannot be transmitted because media is binary.
For the layman, that simply means that you are losing 1/3 of the data to which you are entitled. In fact, if you consider the notion that many LED and BluRay devices make heavy use of high-end audio and video. Well, out of zero to two, two is the highest-end. This means that it is possible that up to 80% (some estimates go as high as 94% with a margin of error of 0) of your data is lost.
Simply put - buy this cable and you will gain a third of what you were missing.
Also, if you are running your HDMI device through a receiver, you’ll need two of these per component. I bought 28 of them, just as a precaution. I left 2 at the store, so I was kinda upset, but at this price I was able to just LOL at my mistake and move on.

Another:

What’s great about it: It makes the sun hurt my thoughts less
What’s not so great: broccoli
My father was a cruel man. Cruel, but fair. His face was stern, almost austere; a countenance cut from solid granite. When I was a child, he gave me $5 and said, “Norma, the cupboard is bare. I want you to go buy some magic beans.” Flash forward to today, the Year of Pain: 2011, and I am absolutely delighted with this cable. It is a splendid product crafted by one thousand hands, harnessed from the power of Fnord, and is able to restratregaze 4.1 jumbo-ohms on a mag scale of 14-40 synth-ops per second. You can’t beat that! 25 years ago, I was a giant foam hand vendor, now I am an entrepreneur, stay-at-home mom, and part-time vomit coach. Get ready to rock with the AudioQuest Coffee 6.6’ HDMI Cable - Brown/Black! Do not be afraid to dive into the plasma pool.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

oh my fuck.

If you spend more than 5 dollars on an HDMI cable because you think you will get better picture quality

You’re an idiot

Pains me to know that salesmen will do nothing short of straight up lieing to get some poor bastard to spend stupid ammount of money on an HDMI cable pulling shit out of his ass to confuse the person and make them sound smart and credible.

The only consideration one should take with cheap/more expsensive HDMI cables is the gauge size of the wire and shielding for long runs

I have a case of HDMI cables if anybody needs any, they are 3 foot cable though. FREE!

Reviews are ace.

There’s a sucker for every product.

My $3 shipped 2 meter HDMI I grabbed off ebay has been pretty much awesome. When this one finally dies, I’ll buy 6 more of them so I don’t have the downtime of shipping. Its even got gold plated connectors if I remember correctly, so no oxidation/corrosion risk.

I’ve several times just told people in the electronics section who were looking at HDMI cables to just either get the cheapest one that’s long enough, or buy it online. I’m waiting for the time someone tries to upsell me or a family member on an HDMI cable.

People make hundreds of thousands selling this kind of stuff to “audiophiles” and “home theater aficionados”, the amount of money they spend on it is unreal. Just make it sound exotic, hand-made and throw some expensive metal plating in and you can sell a cable for 10k it would seem.

What’s a hdmi?

It’s a pickle.

I have friends that still get sucked into buying overpriced gold plated with diamond trim HDMI cables…lol

I just picked up a few sets of 6 foot HDMI cables at Home Depot in Amsterdam for 3.99 each off of their clearance rack. Maybe that’s why they were on clearance, people are actually brainwashed into believing the “cheap” ones are inferior.

As popular mechanics once put it - now that the signal is digital its very simple message of 1’s and 0’s and you either get it or you don’t. Unless you’re missing parts of your screen, you’re getting the message.

holy fuck haha

This.

I dont even know how to hook up my dvd player that I used once and dont have cable on my 19" tv so I guess I dont need these things. I dont even have rabbit ears although I dont think theyre usable anymore anyway.

I cant even remember the last time I turned the tv on to play Super Nintendo, its been a while judging by the thick film of dust on the screen.

Holy hell, get out of the 80’s!

I just dont watch much tv and when I do its the tv in the living room anyway. I only own a handful of dvd’s and I guess I hooked the player up wrong but got aggravated and said fuck it when it wouldnt work.

I bought the Super Nintendo a few years ago.

:facepalm

:rofl @ 80’s comment

Holy hell there’s a PJB cartoon there.