Hard Tie Rod sets: Inner and Outter

i have them RIGHT NOW FLAVA FLAV!!!

what else did you want, i cant remember, bulk buy… YES! DOO EEET

when will this be in stock again. i’m sick of my wobbly car.

not sure, i already sent an e-mail today to try and find out the ETA on them… it’ll be a few weeks yet for sure

I am curious, not to be off topic but,

how do tein and these compare to moog tie rods? Inner/outer. I have these on my car… Got them when I was restoring the car less than a year ago.

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/imag/mooges2814rl1.jpg

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/imag/mooginnertierod.jpg

They can be adjusted for bump steer (if your car is lowered) and they don’t have a soggy rubber piece.

there is a spacer at the inside end of the inner tie rod that increases your available steering angle…

you cannot simply add that spacer to a stock one because there is not enough shank to thread it in far enough unless you use an aftermarket tie rod, like Tein.

Tein’s have a spacer but it is not attached, you just place it over the threaded portion of the rod… these ones come with the spacer as a part of the inner tie rod.

just to add.

These inner tie rods appear to be as good as any… Tein’s are not super crazy, they look and feel just like these ones… likely from a random aftermarket manufacturer in Asia.

The outter tie rods that comoe with this are modelled after the Kazama / SPL ones… however, they use an inferior rod end to SPL which is part of the reason for the price difference. I cannot replace the rod end with a better one because of the unusual spec of it. but if i could find a proper stud i could make an outter rod that beats the shit outta these things with the QA1 rod ends. Not sure if i will though.

These inner and outter rods are s14 spec, meaning they will fit both s13 and S14 but are an upgrade from S13 ones on account of the diameter of the inner (M14 vs. M12 i beleive but dont quote me) tie rod. This will help prevent bending tie rods on fast S13’s with big breaks.

Price aside, what are THE best tie rods to get? SPL only? Or is there something better than the SPL ones.

IMHO if price, servicability and all that stuff is not a factor then you should buy SPL.

are these safe to use on a car?

any feedback from anyone?

no, you will certainly die if you use these… without naming names, a variety of other companies are putting these exact pieces in their packaging and selling them for a fair bit more.

the inners are as good as anything, i have Tein on my car for inners but i wouldnt have any problems using these at all. As mentioned, they are basically the same as any aftermarket tie rod that you buy from any dealer… except they have a spacer.

if you are terribly concerned with anything it might be the rod end because it is similar to those on the lower end multi-link stuff sold by various companies. As i mention right on the listing for these products on the site do not expect the rod end to last you 3 years…

that said, some of the more reputable companies also use low end rod ends… except for SPL and BV.

i havent had any negative feedback from anyone who actually has these on their car and there are many across the country that do. i havent been able to keep them in stock since i started carrying them. Though theo has a set and before install he said the rod end was really stiff.

Bv = ?

As Bing said, the rod end is really stiff. I couldn’t rotate it with hand tools, and now that it’s on the car, I can feel a bit of resistance when I turn the wheels with the car on jack stands.

I have one installed but need to get 2 jamb nuts that didn’t come with the kit and they will be done.

These do make it easier to change your toe once installed as you don’t have to brake the taper fit once it is seated.

The inner is very beefy and good quality, the coupler and outter portion looks just ok.

BV = Battle Version

go with SPL. done and done.

so theo, the outer tie rods actually made a difference in your steering wheel stiffness? maybe thats causing my problem becuase i replaced it with mogg i think.

hrmmm.

bing are you going to produce the steering rack bushings? Those should be cheap make, cheap sell. Just a mould for the two bushings in the rack and just a quick cnc out of a piece of aluminum for the s13 two piece connector bushing (s13 is two piece steering rack while the s14 is one piece and doesn’t have the bushing that the s13 does). A guy who installed all three said (i believe on freshalloy) that his s13 felt just like his m3 afterwards in steering feel, absolutely no play/looseness in the wheel.

There are of course ones from nissan, ones from NISMO (which suck since energy suspension ones are stiffer, better and cheaper). But there is this UK company and another australian company that makes these solid aluminum ones. The middle piece in the s13 two piece construction is dirt cheap that someone at home could make it (often called the GTO bushing).

These should be relatively cheap to make and sell for you no? I definitely want them.

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/images/large/metal_rack_bushes.jpg
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/images/large/steering_bush.jpg

hahah i remember that guy as well. flybert.

he got a s13 hicas steering rack tho along with custom made tension rod brace with SPL tc rods, and the steering rack bushings.

ill be wanting to replace mine as well. just get it from SPL, its like 15bucks?

but the two others are the ones im talking about, only where ive seen it is driftworks UK and some australian company that had sales on ebay, I think one other place… would be interesting if bings makes it. Otherwise energy suspension ones are like 10 bux (NISMO ones suck + overpriced).

Australia and NZ have tons of awesome s chassis stuff btw.

i would buy them, not make them.

i can get a nice thermoplastic one like the endlinks for really cheap… prolly in sell in the $15 - $20 range.

How about the solid stuff?

no dice, my next projects are already in the works…

i’m working on some more original designs to really set myself apart in some areas.