has anyone ever filed a complaint with the city codes division.

I’ve had enough of my fucking landlord. So i called the city codes/building enforcement.

I Live in a 5 story building with 64 apartments. The building houses physicaly and mentally hadicapped people on the 1st and 2nd floors. There is two gentlemen in the building that are bound to wheelchairs. What has caused me to get fed up is the fact the landlord doesnt fix a fucking thing. The elevator in the last 5 weeks has been in-op 3 times. (The last time the elevator was inspected by the city was 1986) first time was for 5 days second was for 3 days and the last time was Tuesday night. When this happens the two people in wheelchairs cant get outta the buliding in an emergency. This also forces everyone to use the stairs walking through mold cover hallways. That being said my building was also victim to the flooding in august. The entire bottom floor flooded about 3-5 feet in spots. That caused black mold to grow on walls where we have to walk through. They gutted every apartment that had mold but havent done a thing in the areas where everyone in the apartment building has to walk to get in and out of the building.

So yesterday I called the codes division and filed a complaint with the city. The city codes officer is coming tomorrow to inspect the building.

Cant fucking stand slumlords.

update…

^What he said

This in the stockade?

any updates?

BRO, ANY UPDATES?!

across State street from the stockade

:pop

in for updates!

updates im looking for them

Yup. Update.

Will update after the codes guy comes at 2. I spoke with him on the phone he said he callEd the landlord the day I filed the complaint on Wednesday. He told me the landlord didn’t answer the Phone so h left a message saying he was coming to inspect the property. I came home from work yesterday and they were cleaning all the mold off the walls. I guess the landlord is a bit scared?

Sucks that it took someone to call the authorities to have them actually do something.

Did you not check this place out before you moved in here?

Ive been here since January it was fine up until spring after the landlord moved out of his apartment then the place went to shit.

So the guy from the city came. Lets just say the landlord isnt going to be happy. Took about 40 pictures and said he was going back to the office to right his reports.

well after he rights the reports, let’s hope he rights your situation!

Id be pissed if they condemned the building and you had to move. Moving blows.