has anyone ever rejet their carb??

i bought my bike last year and had put pipe on it anhad it rejetted at the dealer. i just bought a hyper charger and i looking to install it my self im hopeing some one can give me a staight answer. will i have to rejet the bike again?? some peope say yes some say no some say i need an ignition module? i have n idea who to listen to. does anyone have any insight?? any advice would be great

yes, your adding more air into the engine.

you have to rejet even if you add an after market air filter.

Some bikes are set very rich from the factory. However 90% of bikes do require a rejet. In all honesty with anything like a hypercharger you will more than likely need a rejet. What kind of bike are we dealing with here?

what does a hypercharger do exactly, and what is rejetting? id like ta know im curious

hypercharger…no offense is kind of pointless, mostly for looks.

Pretty much just sucks a whole mass load of air into the engine.

and rejetting is when a carbed bike, needs to have the proper air-to-fuel ratio, and when you add in more air…you need more fuel obviously. So you have to rejet the bike to give more fuel so the bike will run properly.

thanks =)

its a yamaha vstar 650 and when i talked to a tech he told e that i have rejetedit once for exhaust and that may be enough but it ay just backfire when i decel i find that ard to believe.

mechanicamadness have u ever rejeted a car be 4 is it easy??

i had to reject my dirtbike n atv everytime. felt a lot smoother running after doing so as well

i was told it was easy but honestly im not sure how to pic the rite jets , i already have a kit from when i puton my exhaust

i did mine with my dad but i honestly have no idea or remember how to anymore lol

im sure there is enough literature online to tell you how

There should be a main jet number and other info on the hypercharger you bought.

but if you never done it before, take your time, its a long process for the beginner. but doable!

thats what i heard but i can only find the instructions on how to do it on atvs nothing on yamaha bikes

yea i understand there for looks the power gain is very little its mostly for astedics on my bike

hey man, its your bike, all the power to you.

but I would take it to bob weavers or hebelers, I don’t think they charge that much.

also, think of any other air/fuel mods your doing and do it all at once, so you only have to jet it once!

Also, throw it on, and see if the bike runs smoothly, I had an ATV, threw on a pipe, and the jetting was still in spec and it didnt need it.

yea i had it don at berts and i kickm self thinkingi didnt do the hypercharger then but i didnt but i was thinkin about taeingit back to berts but the service manger told me it was easy to do

thanks thats gona be helpful

carbs lol

We are spoiled, Will :tup: