Have some questions about Audis

Looking to pick up an audi for my next car probably a B5 S4 or a B6 A4. Part of me tells me to go with the B6 since it will be newer and have lower miles for the same price of picking up an B5 S4. But at the same time I want the performance of the S4. How does a stage 2 1.8T A4 compare to a stock or stage 1 S4? Is there any comparison or is the A4 just completly outgunned? Max numbers on the stock turbo for a 1.8T? Any turbo upgrades for A4’s that dont cost an arm and a leg? Not sure if you can get a turbo from something like an RS4 and put it on an 1.8T, everything Ive seen so far points to A4’s being slugs without a turbo upgrade but wanted to get some input from others.

audi 200…do it, they smoke a4’s

There are different options for a4’s. If you mod an s4 on the stock ko3’s they are going to shit the bed sooner or later. A4’s may be less beat since its not the sports car that the s4 is. Changing turbo’s on an s4 is a giant pain in the ass due to having to remove the engine. You can make an a4 decently quick for a daily driver or like you said you can throw a big turbo on it and make some decent power

Word. Im in the same boat. Not quite sure what i want. Most likely a b6 a4

Im only looking to spend around 10k so more than likely any S4 Ill come across will have somewhere in the area of 100k miles. So Ill be looking for one thats had the timing belt, water pump, and turbos replaced. If that stuff isnt done I wont be buying it. So hopefully that will take care of the issue with the turbos going out. Do you know how much power I can get out of a stock turbo A4? I see GT28 kits for the A4 are affordable but it looks like the software and fuel upgrades can quickly jack up the price of doing a turbo upgrade.

Yea its a tough choice, Im just afraid Ill get bored real fast with an A4.

a b6 a4 with just a basic intake/exhaust/apr flash will be about 230bhb.

in order to get a b6 a4 to move you need to sink some money into it.

software-900 ( eurodyne.ca)
630cc injectors- 250 ( siemens/deka, can find used for 150~)
basic 50trim kit- 2500~ ( pagparts.com)
clutch- southbend clutch is prolly like 500 all said and done with a Flywheel. not exactly sure to be honest.

then you can’t run much more than 20psi safley, due to the rods givig out.

rods are 360~, with them installed you are looking at 1200-1500.

thats just a very basic idea, i didn’t include an Upgraded intercooler, obviously you can get more intricate with the turbo choice, 30r, 6057,5857, etc etc, but that will start to cost more.

FWIW, i found an APR stg3+ b6 a4 for less than 10g’s.

hope this helps.

where are you looking?

www.audizine.com
www.fortitude.com

Yea 230 would be a bit low, arent stage 2 S4’s 350+AWHP?

nope, average stg3 s4’s are 350-375 on pump gas.

ok so how about stage 2’s? Low 300’s, high 200’s? Or is it lower than that.

not sure, stage 2’s usually go 101-103 in the quater. my friend has a stg2 and its pretty quick, its white and ik he’s looking to sell it to get a b6 s4.

oooooo 1.8t talk… dont even mess with it. trust me, modding a 1.8t starts out cheap. but it ends up pricey as your quest for more power begins.

it’s not any different in cost than building any other 4 cylinder motor for boost, is it?

1.8T’s are junk.

^ What he said :bowdown

Turbos go out quick on these too with minor abuse :rofl

when my a4 got totalled the turbo was shot. I had owned the car for 5 months with the little Ko3 sport running avg 14lbs sometimes spiking at 16.

Chett you remember how dog slow my a4 was. The B6 a4 is bigger and heavier. do the math

Yea thats why if I got one Id probably immediatly do one of the stage 2 kits out there, but even 230 bhp is lackluster. Looks like Im sticking with an S4, might take me a while to find one with all the maintenance done and turbos replaced in my price range though.

you should join audiworld forums. Most of those guys we pretty die hard. Not too many morons lots of good information. Kind of alike a clublexus for audis. all olderish dudes who aren’t into big stupid body kits and shit, mainly tasteful and big power stuff

body kits on audis = PUKE!

I’d go for a Stage 32 as the number of the stage is higher than Stages 1-31. Stages are big in Audi world. Stages.