Have some questions about Audis

actually it is. lets compare a GSR to a 1.8T.

GSR compression is 10.5:1 or so average 1.8t. 9.5:1
GSR head = crazy flow. 1.8t not so much. so you get a large port head. which makes a huge difference. but then you do valves and springs/retainers because stock exhaust valves are JUNK.

so take a 3076R on each. the GSR makes 475-500hp @ 21-22psi on race fuel.
a 1.8t will make 430-440 at 28-29psi on some fuel.

*note that to hold that, the VW has rods installed + the headwork. so youre already 2-3 grand into the engine, had to buy a turbo kit and all associated hardware and make less power.

as proven by honda guys, a 30r kit is not hard to come by, couple grand, and like stallmer proved, 496whp, stock everything… maybe 3 grand into the setup.

$ to $ and mod to mod the 1.8t is years behind the honda world as far as power and technology goes.

the bosch ME7.5 ECU was just cracked to the point where you can tune cell by cell, where Hondata and neptune and crome have been around doing that for years to the P28 and P30 Ecu’s in the hondas.

i wouldnt go that far. just arent very efficient out of the box, and a few years behind. people are just starting to really push the envelope with them. but i wont dig too deep into it because you already know everything.