Have you taken MSF?

If so was it worth it?

What did you learn?

How did you like it?

I felt it was worth it.

I learned how not to die.

It was OK except for the dumbshits who had no clue on how to ride and held the class back.

I would recommend to any new rider.

I took the Basic one when i was like 17 this year im gonna try to take the Advanced 1

Why not take adv1 & adv2 at the same time? you can save like 50 bucks. I was going to take adv1 & 2 last year right after I got my license, but the guy told me that I can’t unitl I have 3k riding experience. So I use the money for trakdays and ended up riding with that instructor in the same group on the track…:lol.

Was going to take ADV 1&2 this year but I signed up for something better…:ninja:ninja

As far as MSF’s BRC, yes I learn lot from it but I have literally zero riding experience going into that course. I would recommand taking it, not to mention you can get your license once you completed the course and some some discount on insurance.

I took the BRC, after I knew how to operate a motorcycle so that part was pretty redundant. (“Okay class, now release the clutch slowly until the bike starts to roll forward…ugh”) Even with that though I think it was worth it, they teach you a lot of stuff to make you a better rider on the street. I would def. recommend to any new rider. +you get your road test waived.

I took it when I got my MC DL. Its good for basics but I remember picking my bike up when I bought it and getting street time for the first time was a whole new experience. It was good to learn the basics of riding but nothing beats experience.

I never took it I rode and race motorcycles since I was 8 years old so jumping on a bike for the road was like second nature for me

This

This is what I thought also but MSF is changing their format starting this year to include group street riding.

yeah, now that MANYs is out, MSF is really updating the program but I have yet to see whats changed exactly. Group riding is a good idea.

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=17142

yeah, my dads an instructor and i showed him that before and he said they’re still tinkering around with things but overall I like the course and the updates. Also I wanted to add that if you preregister for Americade, you can take the ERC there for free (well its included in the reg fee) but technically free. Theres classes are on top of Prospect Mountain and down at Adirondack Community College. I’ll pass on more info as I get it like how many classes and availablility if anyone is interested.

Nice! I’ve seen that MSF class in action when I went Autoxing at ACC.