Head work

Im looking to start building my b18b1 in my integra. Im looking to get my head ported and polished. What are some good shops to go to and does anyone know a rough price estimate?

my advice, throw it in the garbage… go vtec head.

otherwise, dont let anyone touch it who doesnt have a flow bench. some port jobs can actually rob hp if you dont know what your doing.

Ive heard bad things about LS V-tec.

What?

I’ve heard they blow up fairly quick. Im not sure how true that is, but I dont have much money to throw around if they do in fact blow up quickly, especially since this is my DD.

You’re a fucking idiot for building the motor on a daily driver. At least save up and buy a beater as a backup before you go sinking money into turboing your DD.

That is absurdly not true. Any motor will detonate quickly if not built correctly. But, as Jay and Mike said…

LS/B20 non VTEC head flow very poorly, and require HUGE amounts of very careful portwork to do much of anything. N/A, forget it… but it boost you can deal with one, even without porting. VTEC heads flow very well, even in stock trim.

Find yourself a VTEC head, convert and see how you like it. They’ll last just as if it was a factory VTEC motor, provided BOTH the tune and build are done well.

The head and all things needed to convert, can be had cheaply and locally. Be patient and look around. If you have little cash to toy with, then I would not go any further into “building” than that.

Did I say anything about boost? Nope. Thanks, anyway!

But anyhow, thanks to the rest of you for the help.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of the cost for LS v-tec?

Oh so you’re just pissing your money down the drain doing a half-assed N/A build. Even better. Enjoy your extra 15hp. :hsugh: