which head?

Use my B16 head with ls bottom end or just use stock ls head with my turbo setup? Why??? Im hearing different things from people but I dont understand it help me out

thanks

let me guess your hearing VTEC is bad for turbos right…

yea but i dont understand why

i thought you were going to slimey pebble to get laid tonight??

yea well it was on the way here and im done there now i have class in the morning at this shit hole

:weak:

i dlike to know this as well…

i understand dorktech but im asking the question i see it benfitting a NA motor greatly but once your spooling the turbo and what the real benfit of it??

yeah i know the b-16? head flows better, but cant a ls head be worked to flow just as good if not more?

just seems more to dick around with without that much more gain??

but agian i dunno?

ok, without replacing with aftermarket rods and pistons, its really not worth it, because the bottem end has a horsepower limit, and a rev limit, so an ls motor alone would make just as much as a lsvtec,

but if you had a bottem end built, a vtec head can flow more air then a fully built ls head

vtec head will always make more power than a non-vtec

…have you been reading on honduh-tech.com?

havent had time to research on there yet been at class most of the day

any vtec head flows better than a pretty worked ls head

yes you can make a ls head flow well but for the $ you may as well buy/use a vtec head. you already have one so just use it. if you put some arp rodbolts on your stock rods and a lower rev limit (no 8500rpm shifts) and you should be ok. then again if your not revving it that high your not taking advantage of having the better flowing head.

me personally i would do what joe said. 9:1 pistons on a stock or .20 over bore with some aftermarket rods with that head will get you some good numbers.

on a stock ls bottom end the vtec head is gonna be pretty much stupid to do because the gains would be minimal.

build bottom end is where the gains are.

joe is on a stock gsr head and making good numbers and awesome times. depends on what you wanna do. i say build it right the first time if you can.

rite now im trying to get it together so i can learn how to drive so i dont have to learn on a full blown race car

Im gonna build that other bottom end but i need to learn to drive rite now

found another ls bottom end and ordered arp rod bolts for it and they are reusable anyways so im good there…got the gsr water pump, timing belt, arp head studs, cometic headgasket and the works coming so i can get this thing back together and running so i can learn to drive

eventually ill get the other bottom end done but until then ill just keep buying ls’s