Headcolds

I bought some “Ayr” Saline Nasal rinse kit from the pharmacy and used it when I got home just now. It’s crazy, you mix the packet with water in their little bottle, then you squeeze the little bottle and the stuff shoots up your nose.

At first I was wondering…where is this water going? Then I started to feel a little bit of pressure building in my head/sinuses, and all of the sudden, the water was coming out of the other half of my nose just as fast as I was shooting it up into the opposite side. When I stopped squeezing the bottle, the water drained out of my head, relieving the pressure, and bringing out who knows how much pollen and shit with it. It’s actually quite relaxing, a little bit like when you have a cold headache, and it goes away, but this never actually hurts. I switched back and forth, left nostril, right nostril until I used up all 6 oz.

My sinuses seem clearer now, but they weren’t too bad to begin with. It said to use warm distilled water, but I just used cold tap water, oops. I wonder how much different this is than just buying some sea-salt, mixing it with water, and shooting that up my nose?

The little pressurized saline mist bottles they sell look nice, and they’re easy to use. I tried one before, but you don’t get much product for $5 in that one. You don’t have to mix anything, but they don’t last too long. I like this one for $10 and the 6 ounce squeeze bottle much more, it includes 100 packets of powder to mix up.

When I’m shooting saline solution up my nose, I say HVLP FTW!