Header Install & Misc Pics. (56K Beware)

did u need to jack the front end up? if im going to do this soon i might as well have everything ready, im also going to do the mmi’s if i can figure out how lol.

Yes you have to jack it up… It’s hard to get to the tensioner with out it… Also it will be easy for you to do the MMI at that time also. Maybe we can do them together? I will be doing mine in spring.

that would be awesome as i have no idea how to…and yah as i figured i have to install the header, i might as well do whatever else i got. sure i guess we will worry about it down the road then. thanks ryan

i just noticed we will have the same mods… we will have to race sometime to see whos the better driver… ive yet to go to the track.

lol we can race but I won’t be in my Spec V next year for any Track Events :E My beast will be alive by then. Muu ha ha ha ha hah aawwwww

i prob wont go to the track events, since i want to sell it soon as i figure out what i actually want to do(<<IS 300>>, WRX, STI, skyline…)and it sounds good when i say it hasnt been tracked lol.

I will Own!!!

1. IS300 - Yes
  2. WRX - Yes
  3. STI - Maybe
  4. Skyline - I hope :E

im sure ur work in progress is going to be fast, i just want something with nicer lines… the IS300 is so nice and simple but looks good, plus its got 3.0 V6 and 200hp, its faster then the spec i think, if i can id like to buy an STI and if none of that, skyline w/ RB26 or RB30 if i can afford it and keep the spec.

do u think i will need another res after i get a header installed? does it really open it up alot? i have no cat on my midpipe and a 2.5" so its already fairly loud at WOT. at idle its no louder then stock tho so its nice.

I’ve gone against a IS 300 before and handed it to him so I’m not sure… As for the header it will make it alot louder. If your going to sell your car why put all these mods on? They will lower the re-sale value of it… Just my 2 cents.

i was thinking of selling it if i can get an sti, im onlly doing bolt on… exept for the mmi’s. its stilll only a thought to sell it.

Hopefully the new gen EVO will be available in Canada so it can drive down the price of the STi. Still, I’ve seen the STi’s going for less and less, unless you buy new from a Subaru dealer. You can find a good price on an imported STi from private dealers.

The MMI’s are bolt on’s, take mabye 30 minutes…if you have a lift.

the evo 10 right? i heard about that for 07 but its only a rumor

btw better not get to off topic we might get this locked…

well ryan hasnt taken objection to it, so it can be that off topic…

But something related to headers and exhaust may keep it on topic…

Anyway, how big are those tips on the muffler anyway?

HEADER NOT HEADERS!!! LOL most common mistake forsure.
that is IF ur talking about the spec v (4 cyl = 1 header)

Easy there turbo… I was refer to that there is more than one style of header for the spec v… and if there is more than 1 style that makes it plural and thus HEADERS.

lol i just see it all the time. everyone says header bc they see 4 runners on the header
its just funny, trying to correct that. thats all.

the tip is 2.5 and grows to 3in… so it lookslike 3 in when it’s reall 2.5in on both :E

are both ur exhausts just axle back? i thought those didnt sound very good. ill have to see this.

is OBX a good brand for a header?

no to the obx,
and yes ryans car sounds sexy as hell, everytime he drive by my house it makes me jealous and makes me wish i had done that in the first place, but i will fix it in jan, his sounds so much nicer then mine