Well got MMI/Headers Installed!

Went for a quick burn and am very happy with the results. The MMIs have made shifting so much nicer. The low idle thing isn’t as bad as I was expecting either. The header feels punchier though it’s alittle loud for my tastes. Def gonna need to buy me a midpipe with a resonator. It didn’t turn purple yet, though I only drove it for about 30kms. It’s a golden orange atm. I have pictures but am too lazy to upload them right now.

where u get ur mmi’s im going to buy some too, also what kind of header u get, im also looking into getting one, can you make a sound clip so i know how loud, you have stock everything else right

It’s got Magnaflow exhaust, but it’s a stock mid pipe.

I got my MMIs from Mopac Auto Supply 780-486-6900 10448 170th St. They cost me 40.58$ after taxes and were VERY easy to install especially since I was down there doing the header anyways.

I’ll make a sound clip tomorrow, I have one of the header unplugged from the down pipe and it’s nasty as hell! Didn’t blip it for long cuz I didn’t wanna heat shit up too much since we still had work to do lol. It’s the SS Autochrome Header from http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=59763

Click here to watch Unplugged-Header-2

I’ll post a quick video I had made before doing header of my exhaust without header. So when I do get the header one up you can compare. Basically it’s just louder/raspier than before.

Click here to watch 0-100kmh-96

Here’s a pic of it after I buzzed around for abit
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/24501040397.jpg

yah thats awesome, ive been talking to ppl on there about that SSA header, all i hear is good things, im thinking about getting one its cheap! but yah, im definatly getting the mmi’s im so sick of the wheel hop. also do yo know if there is a difference between ES MMI and MMI?

I don’t actually… Mine are the ES MMIs tho if you’re wondering.

Here’s another 0-100km/h this time with the header on. Did it same way at the same place as I did my first 0-100km/h video up top.

Click here to watch 0-100-After-header

sweet sound good im going to go get those mmi’s sometime this week, header sounds good, did you notice the power difference?

did you also purchase the O2 spacer from this seller? Any check engine light type stuff going on with the header?

I do find there’s a noticeable difference at the top end just like I expected. I bought the o2 Spacer, but I can’t get the bottom o2 sensor outta my old header so I do have a CEL until I can find a way to get the sensor out. New one at Mills Nissan is 340$…

Yeah a header on a Spec V really wakes up the last 1500 rpm.

Told ya the MMI’s were easy as hell to install. Nothing to worry about huh?

Yea man, especially since I was down there anyways and removing the cross member made it easier to install the header!

Just take your oem header to a muffler shop and get them to remove it for you, been to Park Muffler Twice for this and they didn’t charge me a thing. Congrats on the mods :butthead:

when you tightened everything back up(when doing your mmi) is it absolutly necessary to use a torque wrench? i dont have one, all i have it a socket set, and other basic tools.

go an buy yourself a breaker bar and use the ever so accurate arm gauging.

For those of us who have a torque wrench, whats the arm gauaging? Is it like torque by degrees?

I went to Mills Nissan, Park Muffler, and called 5-6 other exhaust shops. They all say well we’ll give u 1 hr shop time that’s the best we can do… 80-100$ each of em.