MMI

Quick question to the Spec V guys, more specifically cough Nick cough Kris

I visited the P2 site (Powertech Performance) in regards to looking for motor mount inserts and they have 3 choices to choose from.

Color-Green-Street

Color-Orange-Street/Race

Color-Red-Race

The Red mounts are definitely out of the question, so should I spring for the street or street/race mounts? They are only $3 USD more, but I was wondering if the NVH is worse than the Green street?

Input please

Meh, if you install them and then get your idle bumped up a little bit, you really won’t notice the vibrations after awhile. I would recommend the stiffer of the two because I bet you that the softer ones would pop out over time, a common problem in the US with the Energy Suspension ones.

The stiffer they are, the less wheel hop you’re going to get.

MMI’s were one of the best mods I had on my Spec.

Speaking of which, I have the black ES’s. Should I try to find some metal shims or washers to keep them in place or do you think they should be fine?

I think it depends on how hard you drive your car on an average basis. My car hardly ever sees any hard use (I have the red ES’s anyway), and I haven’t had a problem. Most of the MMI popouts I remember reading about happened by people that drove their cars relatively hard or autocrossed alot. Perhaps it’s up to who installed them for you too.

Alright than, it’s settled, I’m gonna go with the orange ones.

Thanks guys, and Kris, keep me updated on your exhaust system :smiley:

You got it, mang! :smiley:

Honestly I would go with the stiffest ones possible, my car this year is going to have full solid mounts in place so it should be a little better. But yeah just get your idle bumped up a bit and you’ll never think of it again. My motor Mounts popped out when I was at V8less in the summer, and wow did that suck my car had mad wheel hop after. But yeah you will enjoy the motor mounts.

How do they bump up your idle a bit? Are the vibrations really that bad with the stiff MMI’s that you need to change the idle?

You get your idle bumped up at a dealership that has a Consult II. The vibs aren’t bad, they’re just a little bit annoying - personally I like them gone, but most people will probably be able to deal with them.

I don’t even feel the vibs, it gets really bad though when you are standing still and the fan turns on. Feels like the car will stall, but corrects itself and the vibs go away.

You order these yet?

They haven’t replied to my email, so I’ll call them later when I have time.

I have an issue with my car, stupid ass 66st Autobody, the place that “fixed” my car did a shitty job. I found drops of paint on my spoiler and trunk, which doesn’t makes sense cuz there was only front end damage.

And the wheel that worked on, ex. Strut, control arm, etc. makes a grinding noise.

I didn’t really notice it too much until I put the stock 17’s on. The winter wheels i had on were much smaller, so they probably muffled the sound.

It’s been a month since I picked up my car, think they will fix their mistake?

If you go in without screaming, yelling, and threatening legal action, they’ll probably be reasonable if you will. Most reputable shops I’ve heard of will fix their mistakes if you aren’t an ass about things.

hey man, shoot me another email… I forwarded your first one on to Jamie but he’s been swamped lately.

sales@powertechperformance.com

Cheers
Stephen