Help with installs

k so i have a ton of stuff that ive been buying over the winter and i want to get it on the car soon.

-i have B&G LS on order.
-es mmi
-header

i have no clue how to install any of those things alltho i read the how to’s on the mmi, and header but i dont want to take all day doing this. once u have done it once and know what to do and it make things so much faster. so im wondering if anyone would like to lend me a hand down the road for some money or beer or dinner or w/e.

i think thats it. oo and i have to put my cai back on but not till spring(i know how to do that)

so yah let me know or ill have to just park the car for a day or 2 and get all done.

If you don’t mind waiting until a Sunday, I can probably help you out with the header. It only takes about 3 hours or so to do that one. :slight_smile:

Sunday is the meet… Hope your there Kris… Also I can get some shop space soon. I willbe glad to help. I also have to do my MMI and B&G LS too.

i can help with header, but the rest wil just be tagging along learning from you guys

You are gonna be one happy dude after these mods, three of the best mods you can do to this car. It’s gonna feel like when you got a new GI-JO set as a little kid. :finga:

I can help.

Just curious, have you put in Redline tranny fluid? If not it helps a lot and will go well with your MMI’s.

well i did alot of research and these are all the basic or beginner mods that make the most of the spec v, so thats why i got them. the LS are more for looks then anything, thats why i got the B&G bc there 1.5 and nick loved them.

sunday would be sweet, im assuming my LS wont be in for 2 weeks or more, but i have everything else sitting in a pile in my garage.

i have synthetic tranny fluid already. not redline tho. i actually just changed it this august.

after the rest of these mods, i prob wont do anything else to this car.well maby turbo…

Yup they are the best mods for your money, the spings will give you more than just looks. Stock springs are crappy.

Well i can help with springs, i have spring compressors. Shouldn’t take too long with two people doing it.

awesome, what do i need? to do the springs and header and esmmi?

i dont have any jack stands… just a jack.

Like I said to you before Kyle if you need any help installing that stuff lemme know, I am off work on Wed. and Thurs. but other than that, I am pretty booked for time. I have an air gun at my place so that make doin the lowering springs ridiculosly fast, header I could probably do in an hour and a half now, motor mounts probably an hour-hour and a half.

wait what year is your car… k header might take a bit longer that bottom O2 sensor is a BITCH to deal with. Also you should get some spark plug Anti-foulers from napa before you do the Header then you won;t have to deal with the lovely SES light later on down the road, might as well do it all the first time through.

k sweet thanks man, i have class today and tom till 6 but thurs im done at 2.
next week or later is probably better as i have a shit load of hw so far this week, and i havnt got the gaskets in for the header yet so i cant get it on.
and the springs are somewhere in USA making their way to my house.haha.

let me kno.

its an 03 btw.

Why do you need a gasket? Use your stock one. You should of seen the shit that came with megans header. I used the stock one on both our cars

um ok… i just figured get a new gasket since im changing the header anyways…

k well then all im waiting on is the LS.

Cool, well I’m leaving for a Cruise next friday, so my only 2 days off till I leave are tomorrow and Thursday, then I am stuck at work for 7 days straight (the entire time I will be in Vaction mode I am sure) :E But yeah I dunno, “They” do say that whenever you change a header or exhaust it is recommended to change the gasket, as there could possibly be a crack in the gasket that might cause a small exhaust leak, personally I have never changed mine. :E

k well i wont change them either, less money that i have to spend.

i dont even have the 02 spacer in yet for the header, its suppose to be comming in soon, so the only thing i can really do is the MMI.

just let me know when u get back and we can work something out. thanks alot man, and enjoy ur vacation.

k so my springs are commin in on tues aparently and i got the header and mmi ready to install. is anyone up to install these things with me soon? i was thinking the week of the 16th as i got reading week so no school and lots of free time. let me know…remember beer or dinner or something is involved too!

Yeah so you have off the 16th to the 23rd? I have Wed. and Thursdays off so if you wanna do it this Wed. or Thurs. (14th or 15th), or on the 21st or 22nd. lemme know.

sweet, well it will prob have to be the 21 since i have 2 exams next thurs.
thanks alot man. ill talk to you more in a few days.