headers

why is the ssauto chrome headers so cheap? i looked into stillen and hotshot and they are both around 450, the ss is about 175, y?

Cause it’s a cheap knock-off that will almost certainly crack and give you problems.

and they dont fit right… gotta grind them…

someone on here has one, i think its bmason or something. yah its just a knock off.
you get what u pay for right?

ok, that makes sence, thanks guys

As I see it. I’m prob gonna wanna turbo here next spring/summer, and turbo = no header right… So why buy a name brand headere for 400-500$? And if it pooches out on me and cracks. You can get another cheapy header and toss that on right.

P.S. I didn’t have to grind mine at all. Went straight in. The only problem I had was getting my 2nd o2 sensor out.

makes sense

I defiantly see them being a knock off but as for quality I’m quite impressed. My GF just got one for her Spec and I am very happy with it.

the thing is that i plan on probably going to rebuild and hopefully do a turbo next yr, so i don’t really want to spend 500 or more on headers if i can get the same hp gains from those

??? You mean Header? you only have one bank…

yea i know, i don’t know why i did that

I have the SSA, cost me $150 and still good after a year. There are small cracks on the 2nd and 3rd runners, but they don’t leak.

My GF’s was also $150 of the Group Buy on the Vboard. It’s a OBX rip off.

did you guys still notice a power change with the knock offs?

??? You mean Header? you only have one bank…[/quote]

I was waiting for that.

^^^^^ me too, thats probably the main reason i checked this thread! took long enough.lol

lol, obvioulsy i only have one, damn you guys are cruel, lol

It’s about 11 whp added with this header.

damn, not bad, will i notice without a full exhaust?

If you had a spec you would notice it with the stock exhaust.