header q's

k so im look at buying a header on the vboard in a group buy.

150w/ship for a ssautochrome 4-1 header…

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=59763

since i dont know much about quality brands for headers my question is… is this a good header?

Good thing you didn’t ask this question on thevboard or they would flame you to no end.

That header is fine.Quality and fitment is average, but not bad.

Anything is better than the stock octopus.

as a rule, i wouldnt recommend anything from SSAUTOCHROME (Toooooo Many horror stories from people cutting corners using them)

But appearently they managed not to mess that up, so you should be safe

They have gotte alot better inthe last couple years… The thig they are big for is copying other companys designs

They’ll give you the performance you want…although their durability can be a little suspect. That said, it won’t cost you very much, so go for it! :smiley:

Yeah go for it and if you need any help on the install lemme know

oh no haha i have asked on the vboard, i dont care if they saw sht, im not going to waste my money, i have no problem forking up 400 for a header if its good, but if i can get one to do the same thing for 150 and wont fall apart then why not right?= more money for other parts!

thanks for the info.

Nismo R-Tune or Hotshots… Those are the 2 best

how much is the HS header?

the best price you will find is the SS Autochrome, the Hot Shot Header is Expensive. JWT use to have a header and it was actually made by Hot Shot(just a little tad of Spec V aftermarket history for ya), all Headers, yes I said HEADERS (oh right this isn’t the Vboard, and I am using it in the correct context :E ) will yeild you about the same gains give or take 1-2 hp it’s just like the CAI for our car the best one for hp is the AEM and you have about again 1-2hp more than if you bought an injen or Nismo, Nismo has a bypass valve in theirs and Injen uses more bends then AEM, but you are N/A so really there is only so much power you can suck out of this beast, but the SS Autochrome is still an awesome header and for the price you can’t go wrong. So after you get the header and all the money you saved I recommend buying the JWT Balancer Shaft Removal kit and some ES MMI, or buy the Revolution Autoworks Engine Damper, still need to buy one of these things. What mods do you have currently?

…NOTHING haha i just bought the car from “shifty” and i have only been researching parts so far, i am going to get an aem CAI, and greddy catback exhaust(still under warrenty so i dont want to mess with that 4 yrs remaning), then prob MMI.

My original plan was to do the airflow first (intake, header, exhaust), simply bolt ons right! and the most amount of hp gain for the part and money.

then i would start on the small things like clutch, MMI’s, flywheel, short throw shifter, and so on. i was looking at lowering the car also but i only got bad feedback on that, basically i dont need coilovers because i dont track race yet, and for a grand its not worth it for just city driving. i want tein lowering springs but i dont want to have to replace my stock struts/shocks in a yr because it would cost the same a coilovers all together. ill just get even better tires to grip the road and its good enough for now.

like i said earlier, i want the most for my money, if i can get a decent header for 150 then why pay 500 for a really good one? also im going to nait so im not loaded with extra cash, plus winter is commin and no point in getting performance parts while were in winter.

i was just going to buy everything and then come spring take a day or 2 and install everything.

i dont want to mod the shit out of it because when im done school in 2 yrs i plan on getting a wrx or an older M3 and using my spec v as my winter car( yah i know awd for the summer haha)

Do watever mods you want to it just take it for service to Mills Nissan for service, they are VERY mod friendly, nothing short of a turbo will void your warranty if you go to them.

Agreed… Also Please “PLEASE” make the header your first mod… Nothing will go wrong with your intake, but if your precat goes it won’t be a fun experiance…

I’ve heard a couple of cases of cracked Hotshot headers.

yah im thinking of getting that SSA header on the vboard once i get my school fees all worked out. then prob exhaust and CAI.

im dealing with west end right now, im transfering it into my name for now and then ill take it to mills if i need anything. thanks guys.

Yup they are awsome.