headlights

ppl my head lights dont go back down.
do anyone know y?
or any idea how to test it?

sometimes…if you just take sledge hammer and smash them down, they go down…damn nissans…lol

dont do that lmfao, maybe the motor that controls it is broken or something is jamming it

Ive been having a similar issue, it’s with the driver’s side flip light. The light will go up when i have both lights down, but when turing off the lights and shutting the car off, only the passenger side goes down, not the driver’s side. I have changed the driver’s side headlight motor, and the same thing is still happening.

any advice or even a fix would be very appreciated.

chances are the contacts for the relay are fubared. get a new relay… you can do a continuity check if you really want to be sure. assuming you know how to use a meter.

ok, i checked all the relays and fuses out yesterday, everything seemed fine, any other direction i can check out towards this?

I have the same problem, but for mine its a short somewhere because I keep blowing the fusable link when I turn my lights on and drive. But if your fuses and relays are fine then it might be the motors. But motors don’t usually die at the same time.

I had the motors out and played around with them. From what i learned theres a ground in there and a bunch of contacts…when i touch one contact with 12v motor rotates 180 degrees…then stops. to get it to go back to its original position u touch another contact and it spins again 180 degrees…So they go up but not down its gota be sumthing with that box on the headlight motor or that one wire that makes them go back to the down position :? . you might as well swap the whole motor and control thing out. I hope u can figure it out.

sry for stealing ur thread… but i dont wanna start a new thread with almost the same topic…

my head lights wont go up… i know its not the motor… i think its the thing that holds the lights to the motor… wt is that thing ? or wt else can it be?

Could be a bad contact.

Not sure if it’s the same with 240s but probably all flip-ups work similarly.

In my corolla gts, at the top of the motor - there is a small metalic tab - if you remove it, inside a hole sits a piece of metal that contacts the positive terminal - when the motor heats up too much, that piece of metal bends away (due to heat) and breaks the contact. This prevents overheating. Problem is that sometimes it heats up too much & doesn’t come back - if your relays are clicking then they’re fine.

Remove your headlight motor and look for something that was silicone sealed - an L-shaped metalic tab. if you remove it - there should be a small hole - enough to put in a small screw driver or something… Push it in gently - you may feel a spring in there - it’s that metal strip - attach motor to the motor harness but don’t turn it on yet. Push in that hole to bend the metalic strip in gently - try to flip the lights - does the motor move now (watch your fingers, paint, etc. where you place that thing)? If it doesn’t work yet, try pushing the strip down a bit more - gently.

Here’s the issue - since the strip bends due to heat - bad lubrication, dust, etc. can create friction and transfer heat to the strip so the more crap gets in there, the worse it could get (could take the motor apart but this works for most part). Seal the metalic tab once you’re done with silicone (anything weatherproof).

Look for the hi-res :rofl: diagram below
| | <– hole
– <–metalic strip
---- \

^^^ contact

crap… that’s a long msg… sorry guys hehe