heads

well i was just informed tonight that heads where ordered for my car.

here is the dilemia he ordered PRC stage 3 heads because he thought i was on a somewhat budget.

well i got my motor built for the spray and i do not think a stock casting head will hold up well

i wanted to know what you think cancel the order and get 225 et heads afr or trick flows. i just want this thing built one time and not beeing replacing shit all the time

i was just at a place in ohio that builds those trick flow heads got to see them being milled and everyhting its amazing. total airflow or something like that…no real point in this post just yeah

how much power are you lookin at pushin? i seen guys on ls1tech make well over 550whp on stock heads with spray shots on stock Ls1’s with cam only.

plenty of LS6 cars with blowers having upwards of 600-700hp on stock castin heads. i thought those castings were strong enough

i am not going to get into the hp game. my motor was built to handle a 350+ shot. not saying i am going to use that but later if i wanted to

If ya got the cash, get the AFR’s. Best flowing heads ever…

r u sure about that?!?

Hmmmm…mebbe not.

Looks like the Trick Flows and the L92’s both out-flow the AFR’s.

My bad…surprising though, AFR’s are usually the best flowing heads.

i was not impressed with AFR
did a comparison before with mustang heads
gt40 vs cnc ported AFR
and they were nearly the same!!!

Trick Flows

yeppers for ported ls6/ls2 castings trickflows are better…and L92s…well they are insane

T.E.A. ported trickflows. Call and ask for Brian Tooley, He will hook you up.
If you get the CNC ported trickflows they are done by T.E.A. but if you contact T.E.A. directly you can usually get some custom stuff for your application for the same price.
Maybe I should not have let that out of the bag…LOL

those ET heads i heard are pretty good too.

and yeah i guess a 350shot would need some good thick deck material lol

Do it once or it will cost ya more later!

Call Brian Tooley at Tea for a set of trickflow 225s he is hard to get a hold of sometimes but talk to him not one of the sales guys. Tell him what you are doing have as much info as you can for him, ie bore, stroke, piston dish in ccs, how much in/out of the hole, cam, ect so he can taylor the chamber port work to your need. I just put a set on my 402 awsome head, when you put it next to a stock casting it is incredible how much beefier it is. Some things you need to know about the head, you can not run stock rockers, he will supply you the harland sharps at a good price, the heads have a 13 degree valve angle which means you have to run a longer then stock push rod. 7.50’s worked on mine, this also allows you more piston to vavle clearance due to the vavle angle. There is no clearance issues with the rockers on these heads, and I had no problems anywhere else. Fired mine up yesterday for the first time and it is a strong bitch.

I will def call brain @tea after i get my motor spec sheet. i all ready own Harlan Sharp rockers…thanks