yo… how is working for appleone?

[/quote]

depends what job you get.

Most of them are mindless bs.

go through healthy new york

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:22,topic:28470"”]

[/quote]

Yea, I heard that the cheapest if your going as an individual instead of through work is with Univera’s health NY.
I’m going to check into it also seeing how I can’t be on my Dad’s anymore and going through my work sucks

Mine is $267 a month for single plan, with Independent Health. Work pays for half.

[quote=“redrum,post:8,topic:28470"”]

I guess then the question is what kind of rate discounts the big providers give to companies. I know we get some amount of break because of our wellness initiatives and on-site gym, but I’m not sure how much. Providers also give breaks to employers because its like a bulk discount.

I’d be willing to wager that the same program your employer is offering you for $220 (which is likely the rate they receive from community blue) would cost you roughly $3-400 to get on your own.

[/quote]

community blue hmo 104 plus is 460 for single and 880 for family.
independent health encompass essential is 450 single and 730 for family.
give or take…
different plans got dif deductable and max…

[quote=“Clean Baldy”"]

Instead of going through work, where else can I get health insurance? They don’t make it very easy to find…

Any suggestions for good plans? :slight_smile:

[/quote]

+1 I work for a Canadian company, we have 2 guys in the states (including me) and they have been beating around the bush for months on a plan

or go with community blues high deductible HSA. you can hide 2600 a year in it from uncle sam, and its works like a self directed ira

[quote=“justa4door,post:15,topic:28470"”]

if i can fix anything let me know or i can look into something … im a team lead in the member service dept

[/quote]

I had just had bad experiences involving the referal process. I’m at school, so my primary is back in buffalo and no longer a 5 min drive. It was more so a problem with my primary, who refused to give me a referal over the phone unless I saw him. I ended up busting my knee pretty bad and he began to be an asshole telling me that I had to see him. Well 2 hour trip, plus an hour sitting in his office, i was able to speak to him for only 5 mins to simply get the referal that could have easily been faxed. What I didnt like about independent is , from what I understand (I could be way off), but say I was involved in a car accident and had to get x-rays, I would be responsible for the costs because I had no referral. Again I may be way off, I don’t know every aspect of the coverage. The referal process is no problem when I am home, but being in school it turned into a huge pain in the ass.

edit: whoah sorry for the novel…

justa4door thanks for the concern, but everything is taken care of now.

http://cache.bordom.net/images/e089f54d83773c7f2323ab25119d2bec.jpg

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:22,topic:28470"”]

[/quote]

dont go through health new york…only use if you have no other choice…the coverage is no good