Heat control issues

My '06 F150 seems to be having some issues with the heat controls.
Lately when I turn the heat on the ac button lights up and I have to hit it to turn if off. It doesnt happen every time but often enough to notice it. Sometimes the heat turns on and blows out the center vents even when the knob is turned to the off position.

Also there seems to be a bit of heat coming out of the center vents when I have it set on floor only.

Sometimes the ac light will come on after hitting a bump and sometimes the heat will start blowing out of the center vents after hitting a bump despite being set on the floor setting.

My setup is similar to this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!!fRkI0w!mE~$(KGrHqUOKicEq5HCbNGQBK)j8vS7M!~~_4.JPG

What seems to be the cause of the issues Im having?

your problems are easily found ,go look at the grill and tell me what ya see

i thought your truck had auto h.v.a.c

i know whats wrong…its a FORD.

no, it doesnt. Just auto headlights.

And yeah its a Ford but thats not really a bad thing.

well ,the a/c should turn on when the heater is set to defrost and a few other settings reguardless if ya turn it on yourself . but the other are wierd unless ya have a blend door hangin up

LMFAO

Awesome John

Normally the ac never turned on with the defrost.

:lol

unless there is a problem with the controll head itself

so what should I replace?

And no Im not replacing the truck with a POS Chevy.

On most new cars the A/C comes on with the defroster. I know on my car it does; the AC light doesn’t come on, though.

Also when I have the blower motor set to off, air still comes through the vents at the set temperature unless I turn on recirculate.

Is the A/C turned off when you turn off the blower?

If you can read, try opening up the owners manual to the HVAC section and see if it mentions something about the A/C coming on at those specific settings. I actually learned a lot about a bunch of random features and what not on my car after I read the owners manual.

If your car has AC the compressor will cycle with the defroster on. This is to pull moisture out of the air before it is blown on to your windshield and turns into ice. Your car will actually cool then warm the air as to dehumidify the incoming air. I don’t believe this is the issue Mr. Jellies is having as that would be normal function of the HVAC. I think LS?WS6 and 88maro have something here. Take a look at the grill. There is this big oval that is normal blue in color. Read what it says and get back to us. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know the ac goes on with the defroster. However the light for the ac on the ac button never used to come on when on the defrost setting.

The off position for the blower is on the function control knob, not the blower speed.

And fuck the haters.

Maybe it senses more moisture in the air and only uses the A/C if needed?

I dont think its supposed to do that. It doesnt have automatic climate control.

Obviously the F150 is seeing too many miles and requires a break. Time to bring the Mustang on the next cruise.

plus eleventy billion!!! not like its gonna get any worse gas mileage than the truck if you were to take it on a cruise,might as well get some use out of it instead of putting a billion miles on the F150 and you poured you hard earned money in to the damn thing!!!

The Mustang probably gets half the gas mileage the truck gets if Im lucky.
So far Ive only put about 21k on the truck, not bad for a year and two months.

It wouldnt think it would have anything to do with automatic climate control.

You post this on F150 forums? What did people say?

I didnt really get an answer on those forums.