heater re- route? is it possible?

prob dumb question but i have a 92 coupe and its all stripped down right now, i dont want my heater in my car really because it will never see winter when its done, but i obviously need my defogger for my windshield in case its raining or even some spring mornings were it is needed. any one know if its possible to re route the heating and take out the controls and everything and just run the heater straight to my defogger off a 12 volt switch?

you can buy AUX heaters from priness auto and just hook up your 5/8 heater hoses, but that too much effort when you can just keep your heating setup, racecars have heaters.

yea i understand what you mean just the guy who had my car before i guess messed with a bunch of stuff tryin to fix the digital speedo and hud and he broke/cracked alot of the heating “ducts” (i guess thats what to call them) and im not caring to fix them i really only want my defogger because my a/c is coming out to doesnt work anyways

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

and actually sorry man just re read that, i guess shouldve been more specific, is there like any way to use my existing heater core? and just have it routed to my defogger, with just a straight on/off 12 volt switch? if i cant then yea i could buy an aux heater to like you said

In my racecar I gutted everything out of the box except the blower and heater core. locked all the doors to defrost and that is it.

cheaper and better than pricess auto, vintage air.com

they make heaters for hotrods

sweet man thanks, guessin u just run it off a switch straight on/off?

In my racecar I actually left in the heater control head, my fan still has all speeds but the box is locked to defrost only

yea im gunna take ur advice and leave my heater set up in, not going to bother with the AUX heater, im just going to lock it on defrost and take the broken tubes out,

Just fog-x/vinegar coat your windshield =P it works.

Just remove windsheild, duh