Heatshields

I’ve noticed that at exactly 2000 RPM to 2100 RPM I get a rattle. Now my few times that was looking for rattles it was impossible to figure out where its coming from so I was thinking of removing all my heatshields to see if that makes it go away. (I would just remove the one thats causing the problem but my “help” cant keep the damn car at 2000 rpm and then is immature and revs the shit out my car).

I’m keeping the upper exhaust ones (IE the ones above the exhaust on the body as they are not able to rattle), but I was wondering if removing the one on the manifold would be a problem since the distance is less than 6-7" away from the Rad. So would it cause an over heat issue or just run hotter than usual?

Thanks for your guys time.

You know the Sentra has 2 heat shields on it for the exhaust manifold. When we install a header we have to remove them both… None of the Spec V’s has ever had a problem over heating because of a missing heat shield.

Heh, I should bite the bullet and just get a header and call it a day. While I’m there busting knuckles at least.