Hello all...any KAT guys around?

I’ve ocasionaly droped in for a read but never posted…Moved to Edmonton back in January, my S14 is still in my garage in newfoundland waiting for me to ship it up. Hopefully it’ll be here in the next few months! Autox’d it a lot, drifted it where i shouldn’t, and now it needs some tlc before next summer. Going KA-T for sure, not sure if i’ll ditch the nitrous. Didn’t know if there were any guys here into KA, i know SR’s are popular. Speaking of which anyone whose ditched their KA i’d be more than happy to take it off your hands and start my build before the car gets here…if anyone here likes to chat KA drop me a PM for my AIM or MSN…

Anyway, not to bore you all, just figured i’d introduce myself before i start posting…oh i’m driving a mitsu ralliart for a daily (yawn), but i might auto x it before the season is out just to see some nice nissans, not many back home, when’s the next event? Thanks!

Adam

boost infested is probably the guy to talk to around here. i think flavio is running a ka-t as well. but not to sure.

be prepared to have spare engines kicking around

Yep, that’s why i wanna start collecting now, lol…

The next autox is on Sunday (Sept 10) It’s full, but you can register and come out and meet us and go for ridealongs if you want.

KAT…Check Welcome to the Forum, nice to see a little originality every once in a while. Do you frequent KA-T.org??

KA-T is over rated… Go SR20det. :rolleyes:

No i usually read NICO, every so often i’m bored and read KA-T.org and turbo240.com fourm, but usually if i got a question i’ll ask Ivan or one of the other seasoned KA guys…if you don’t know who ivan is your reading the wrong fourms, lol…

As for original, yea, thats the idea. But i also see a lot of things in the KA that i find more apealing then the SR…for a long time i wanted a RB, but owning a R33 is only a few years away so KA it is…besides, with all the online support and parts availible its not such a backyard, blow a few engines and keep trying thing unless you cheap out on it…i’d like it to be ready for next season but its not something i plan to rush…if the setup isn’t done but if the cage, new wheels, brakes and ecu are done i may run it NA for a few events if i havn’t hacked those parts to death…

And i just might have to come watch the event, i’ll register just incase, since its the last one of the season…why does it end so early?

Anyway, i could go on for hours, so if you like to chat KA or have the time to share your setup or what problems you’ve had…post…or pm…or just smile and nod, lol…

Adam

Haha, so your KA-T? Is your setup posted anywhere?

there is a 95 KA in my backyard right now if you wanna buy that :E

PM sent!

K, I just have a problem with the originality comment (I would point this out regardless of what engine I had.)

There definitely arent as many KATs around compared to SRs… but I don’t see turboing the KA as original. Thousands have done it already…

From dictionary.com:
-new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising.
-arising or proceeding independently of anything else: an original view of history.
-capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.
-created, undertaken, or presented for the first time: to give the original performance of a string quartet.

A KAT fits none of those definitions. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Good point! And while the phrase “original” was used in a prior post and i just latched on to it i feel my setup will still be somewhat “original” with regards my approach to the KA…that being said, “different” would be a better choice…“original” is probaly better suited to say a cf S14 with a F22 honda motor running 300hp NA, lol…but now if someone does that it was my idea first, haha…

And please don’t ask me what my different approach will be, because i hate it when people post “this is my planned setup” or “what do you think of this” and just post the most expensive parts or copy strait outta a mag…as i fab it, i’ll post pics…got a line on an engine so it maybe quite soon!

HAHA KA IS OVERATED. I WONDER WHAT YOU CALL AN SR SWAP THAN?
AND OF COURSE KAT ISN’T ORIGINAL AND HAS BEEN DONE A TON OF TIMES BUT WHAT IS ORIGINAL NOW DAY HAHA?
I HAVE A KA-T BUT ITS SOHC NOT DOHC. LOTS OF GOOD INFO ON KA-T ETC FOR DOHC. IF YOU NEED SOHC SPECIFIC INFO LIKE BASE TIMING MAPS ETC I CAN HELP YOU OUT. I HAVE A FEW DOHC TUNES FOR KA-T’S AS WELL , NISSAN CONSULT ADAPTER AND SOFTWARE IF YOU EVER NEED IT.GOOD LUCK

Oh no… not again.

Thanks but DOHC is the only way to go for me, and nissan consult isn’t for me either…whats your setup though, always nice to see another turbo’d ka…

To who’s post are you refering?

To who’s post are you refering?[/quote]

nismo’s. We dont need to have a 80982437204th thead on KA vs SR, especially one that is started because of a sarcastic comment by a guy who owns a KAT (Boost Infested)

oh dear lord… :butthead:

Ok guys, different strokes for different folkes…this thread has served my purpose in introducing myself, finding me an engine, and some turbo’d KA’s…i don’t mind if its locked, i can see NECC is no different than other fourms in that someone always has to ruin it for everyone else…

Adam

Ok dave! :butthead: .