Hello Everyone

Hello, its good to finally be a part of NYSPEED after checking the place out a few times while browsing the web. I live south of Buffalo and I though this would be a great community to join since we all, well most of us probably, live in the surrounding area. I drive a 95 Honda Civic, stock, with a lot of miles on it, but it gets me around. My car has rotten quarter panels which I thank the previous owner and the salt for. I’m not really into racing or adding a lot of performance parts. The most “performance” oriented part that I recently had on the Civic was a rotten muffler that got me a ticket, well shall I say, almost a ticket.

I just thought I would say hello before I go posting, I have a few Civic questions that I’m going to ask.

But I have just one quick question. I was driving my Civic to my brothers shop so me and him could change it quick. A state trooper pulled me over to check my 10 day inspection sticker and told me I had a loud muffler. He kept mentioning “today’s your lucky day, I’m not going to give you a ticket for that, just get it fixed”.

I understand that it was loud but if you have a 10 day sticker on there, isn’t there some sort of allowance for say a loud muffler or burned out bulbs? It’s all fixed now but just curious. Sorry if this isn’t posted in the right area.

Just because you have an inspection, be it ten day or regular does not make it OK to have something wrong with your car.

also, welcome.

A lot of the members here aren’t even into cars at all.

:wave: welcome.

Thats what I figured, well at the very least, everything is buttoned up now. Newman, I like the image in your signature. Mind asking how you made that?

Also newman, I clicked on your signature and that I was briefly checking the car you’ve been working on. That looks pretty cool. I’ll have to read it more later when I have a little bit more time.

It’s just a picture of the back of my car that nyspeed member IanK took:

http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/exige/img/thumbs/IANK06.jpg

There’s one on the front fender too but I don’t have a very good picture of it…
http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/exige/img/thumbs/IANK02.jpg

Thanks. It’s been a LONG time coming.

hullo :wave:

welcome, dont drink the water

welcome :wave:

Ah… that reminds me of my brothers project he’s been working on for what seems forever. He has been working on planting a 350 into an 87 S10 for a while now. But that car of yours which is white, and forgive me for not knowing what it is, but that is a really good looking car.

Okay, don’t worry I wont.

:wave:

Welcome.

Luckily Mordak is banned or he’d tell you how your username is a POS and you need to change it to corei7.

Does he have a build thread anywhere? There are a couple of cool builds going on here,

JuicedZ4’s z24 & VW cabby projects
cougarspeed’s LS1 RX7
Turbociv’s turbo 328

http://nyspeed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

The white car is an 08 Lotus Exige.

Haha, thats funny you mention that because I am a bit of a computer guy myself. I run an older AMD setup that runs great and doesn’t cost me anything.

newman, no he doesn’t have anything on here, he doesn’t really go onto the internet much, however lately he hasn’t had much time to work on it, he has been working on everyone else’s rusted, rotten garbage that likes to die in the winter months

Welcome aboard, stick around to learn some new shit. :wave:

Welcome… it’s easy to find Civic parts around here (at least I think so).

And hell yeah, AMD FTW!

Well I think I will definitely be posting a few questions when I need something or have a few questions. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I was checking around here a little bit and I noticed how easily arguments can start. I sure don’t want to anger anyone on here being a new guy.

ALL NOOBS AND CURRENT MEMBERS SHOULD THINK LIKE THIS