Hello from your newest international member

So I’m gonna be moving over to Toronto at the end of the summer, leaving “sunny” old Ireland behind. I decided it would be a could idea to get acquainted with 240 scene of Toronto prior to heading over.

About myself, My name is Matt, I’m 22 and just one week from being finished an Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering. I have a passion for cars, most of which seems to be for S13’s and Skylines and run a blog site known as “Superfortress” which i use to share my automotive photography as i learn more and more about photography (my excuse for bad picture haha…also excuse the site for being dead for the last 6 months, final year of college kind of sucked the life out of it :frowning: ).

So yeah that’s bout it for me for the moment, Below are some of the pics I took, so enjoy, and i look forward to talking to y’all soon

Cheers
Matt

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nick-light-graffiti.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cillian_51.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cillian2_4.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/al-front-flash.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/skyline_5.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://mattpym.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dara_1.jpg?w=500&h=375

Welcome! :wave:

i like you

Welcome to the area, those are some sick shots, I’m sure you’ll take some awesome photos here

Get me a 260kph kouki cluster!

Thanks people, I’ll be bringing my photo gear with me so when i get over i’m sure i’ll be getting in touch with people about photoshoots.

@ sharpe_corners - That didn’t take long, i’m sure it could be arranged if you are serious

Welcome to the forms!

And yes… I would be willing to bet hes serious.

youll love it here, its been raining for a week!

When you get here, don’t go near Burlington, or cops for that matter. And don’t attend Honda meets. Kennedy’s commons has some good meets and cookies. Ahmed_G on here hates America and anything else established. The tech section is awesome but the lend a hand section is useless (in my opinion). There are no r34 skylines or anything else that’s less than 15 years old and has to be imported. Don’t go to shops, do all the work yourself. And if you see a white 180 from up north that isn’t your cup of tea don’t bash him on here cause he fights back as do most guys we call rice. S13’s around here are rusted, s14’s stolen too frequently (for a while last summer at least). If you go into the network off topic you are talking with alot of American guys so watch you political policies or end up banhammered (ahmed’s case). Bing owns the damn place round here and sells awesome shit. Sharpe_corners has lots of great stuff but some people find his business practice “sketchy”, haven’t had any problems… yet.

You are now prepared for SON240sx.org and Ontario in general. Welcome and enjoy.

Oh and before you post ANYTHING, literally anything, make sure you search the forum first cause if you repost prepare to have your anus violated.

Is that blue s13 yours?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Oh and welcome of course!

lol maverick
You can’t just spill it all out at once, now we have one less person creating threads about other members ripping them off or not bothering to read ahmed’s 40 page essay posts. This is stuff is key

edit: and yeah, where’s your car?

The guy is EDUCATED ok? he woulda figured it out for himself anyways lol. I still left enough for him to find out on his own.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO, this is the most useful post I have seen in the longest time. I think Bing should make it part of the User agreement for this site haha

I almost forgot…

welcome to the forum, you are going to love it in Toronto. come out to the Tuesday kc meets if you are in Scarborough, your gonna like the guys that go there, including me :smiley: and try to stay under the cops’ watchful annoying eyes.

this club is kind of lacking in ginger’s and daywalkers…

black irish or red?

welcome…

so then are you also on sxoc ?

welcome

I’m used to it, last couple of summers here have just rained all the way through :S and actually if you look at the average rain fall for Toronto, the highest rainfall in a month for you is what we would consider a “Dry” month

Wow, that’s probably the best reply I’ve seen on a forum in a long time, Thanks for that. Right so you’ve pretty much given me a basic understanding of the SON240sx politics and Hierarchy which seem to appear in just about every bloody forum without fail. Yeah it’ll be strange not seeing many of the cars I’m used to over here (actually you guys would love it here as far as car selection goes, and they’re all so bloody cheap at the moment too, pity fuel and tax cost so much here  and the general lack of money haha). I always do my own work on my cars, don’t see the point in paying someone to do something I enjoy doing. Haha, I’ll stick to my usual thing of keeping my opinion to myself unless I like something.
Now S13s over here, Horribly rusty too for the most part. As far as stolen cars, whatever I’m in, I will ensure it is as unstealable as possible. I can’t stand talking politics so no worries there.

Nah, The blue S13 was my brothers, he’s sold that though and is now in an S14a. I haven’t done a shoot with it yet so don’t have any decent pictures but here is one normal pic of it just for good measure…Still needs a touch of lowness

Don’t worry I’m used to internet forums by now. Every forum has the same type of “Usual Suspects” that post and either cause loads of controversy and never stop bitching or they manage to post five replies of crap to every one normal post.

As for my car, That’s a long story, but to cut it short I’ll say:Conrods decide to change shape, Poor student takes car apart, Knee surgery, 3 months in leg brace, rebuild car while in leg brace, need money to get out of country, sell car to douchebag, Take bus to college and work for 6 months (Real men use the bus right?) while saving money and now I’m here……Dont worry I’ll explain this in more detail in some extremely boring thread someday in an attempt to get everyones pity and bring up my post count

Thanks dude, I’m sure I’ll get myself out to plenty of meets once I’m set up over there. I’ll take it that the cops there are just as appreciative of nice cars over there as they are here :wink:

Hahaha, Nah I’m not ginger, I’m not gonna say I’m not pale cause I think that’s relative to the people that you’re around.
Born in England actually, but lived in Ireland most my life and have Canadian citizenship so you decide!
I’m on SXOC alright, but don’t really post there, always the same things happening over and over on it. I stick more to Driftworks and DriftIreland

I have to say, in general you lot seem much friendlier and more inviting than most other forums, especially Irish ones in which they say hello but dont invite you to anything or give you advice.

Cheers people
Matt

Thats cause all the fuckfaces avoid the admin section and troll in the car chat section lol… Don’t worry, you’ll meet them soon enough.