Help!!! I think I fried my computer!

While trying to reprogram my car back to the stock settings with a hypertech, my battery voltage dropped and the process stopped. I cannot get communication reestablished.

I have tried disconnecting the battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

yup, if you were in write mode, its fried…

i did that once… i was using my laptop to program a different cam tune on my LT1 - and even tho the battery on the laptop said 60% when i started, it died about 45 seconds later… completely fried the computer - If it dies in read mode, it doesnt hurt it at all… but the computer wont’ respond if it only has a partial program on it… only thing you can do is buy a new one and install it

i konw where you can get one if you need it - pm me for details - good luck!

i ahve a ecu & check ur acc fuse

I’ll check the fuse, and will probably need the ecu. Thanks!

Do the hypertech programers have a battery in them? If so how do you know if it needs replaced?

they run off of ur cars power

Thanks. I thought they had batteries to hold memory.

Just one more question :

If I turn the car on, the fans come on.

I can start the car, but it will not idle and runs rich as hell.

Any chance of saving this ecu?

If not, what do i need to do with the next ecu i get? Does it need to be programmed for my car?

If it starts up then u didn’t fry the PCM man. U fucked up the programming somehow but the pcm is still usable. Look on LS1.com or call JJ’S auto and either or can help u out.

If u fried it the the car would NOT start!

maybe,not if it matches,maybe only gears need set

Thanks to the folks at JJ’s, my TA is running again. As usual, they have the parts to fix a late model f-body.

Not only did they have a computer, but it is for a 94, and even is programmed for my gears!

Saw a couple of member’s cars there, and met fellow pittspeed member German with A Bowtie.

Thanks, pewter. The sticker is already on the truck, and i’ll get the one on the TA as well. Hope the kiddo’s did not break anything.

:blue: :blue:

:grouphug: yay for my car down there. :sadwavey:

Yea, yours was one of the cars I saw…looks good. What mods are you having done? Since I am new to the 4th gens, I am tryiing to pay attention to LT1 builds to see what I will be getting into.
Good looking wheels! Thinking about putting a set of black ZR1’s on my car. Did you have to do the bumpstop, or fenderwhell mods?

:v8killer: :kekegay:

ur welcome & thanks,