Help in Choosing a Bike

then they are an exception to the norm.

Sweet deal then, go take something for a spin in the spring time then. Good luck

If I go new maybe but I really think im going used unless I get the 250.

Here’s what I think should be a good question though. I have no experience but physics tell me that with a 250, a very light bike, that highway riding could get a bit hairy? I know when im in my car going past an trailer truck shakes me up sometimes, i can’t imagine what that could be like on a small bike. Would it be beneficial to have a somewhat heavier bike in this equation?

in terms of your example… getting behind a tractor trailer with ANY sport bike gets hairy. you always stay within a certain certain set of parameters to ride the wind current.

and a bike pretty much aerodynamically speaking cuts through the air. its side winds that get to be a problem. but then again, I think any bike is like that

No offense bro, but I think you need to make a little chart for yourself, and do the +'s and -'s of a new bike and then one for a used bike, compare the two, and then find out what you want to do. it seems like your not very set in what you want, seeing as how you said the opposite things within the same thread.

I don’t think you should be comparing a used 600cc bike up against a new 250 bike. It sounds to me like your buying based on price, which in most cases that’s what people buy on and not so much quality anymore. a 600cc bike and a 250cc obviously are 2 entirely different bikes. If it were me, I think i’d rule out buying brand new. I’ve never owned a brand new street bike, their not worth it because they lose alot of value. You can find a great deal on a 600cc for $5,000 if you look hard enough and shop around and know what your looking at.

I know

I really don’t know what I want. But I just want to make a good decision. I will just have to take my time, take what everyone has to say and go from there. I have until sping so for right now I think my priority is going to be to sell my sled and get that out of the way. So if anyone knows anybody! Let me know.

250 while being lighter, isnt that drastically lighter then its big brothers (600’s) counterpart. In terms of this problem it will me unnoticable.

Just remember to take “people’s” advice with a grain a salt. Almost everyone is an expert.

Im just saying this so you dont take somebodies advice as the word of god.

maybe if I catch you around when Im on the bike I will let you take my 600rr out in the parking lot or something.

but if you break it you fix it :slight_smile:

How about to solve this once and for all, I’ll get my brother on his 250, codeblue on his 600rr, me on the SV and let him ride them with “you break it you fix it” policy

And don’t forget 91tegb16a on his 750 :ninja :lol

One thing at a time, Vlad. He’s supposively making 400-500 whp out of his car and buying a new street bike. That kid’s ballllllllin ::slight_smile:

That sounds great and all guys haha but I think im going to take the course first, then maybe ill take you up on your offers :ninja

I’ll be the minority here, but in my experience over the last season I did not have a single person give me crap of any sort about the way my bike looked.
To clarify - I ride the old ninja 250, possibly the ugliest “sport” on the market here.
And it went from being sorta stock 250 to a crashed and naked 250. Half a dozen people asked me if it was a 600. So much for looks.
If you give a shit about other’s people opinion on what your bike looks/should look like
and let that influence your decision as far as buying one - you’re riding for the wrong reason. 250 is a great learner bike,
and personally for me it was plenty to handle in the first few weeks. One thing to remember when starting out is that it’s your first bike, not your last.
You learn on it, have fun with it, and then get another one.

i would try and register/pay for the course right now, that way you can secure your spot in it. I know when I took it, it was filled for like 2 months. I paid for it right then and there, to make sure I wasn’t going to be bumped.

As stubbern as i was about it if i were you id listen to vlad he knows his shit…and im not rich or anything im just gettin a huge bonus from the army thats how im gettin the bike ;D

i wouldn’t count all your chicks before they hatch. the military can sometimes lead people to believe they are getting something when they in fact aren’t.

Im not slamming the military at all, I was a part of it. I just know from hearing what people were told they were getting that recruiters can and will tell you ANYTHING to get you into boot camp.

I know it i would be skeptic to if it wasnt in my contract :banana

back on topic…did you decide what your going with?

lets just put it this way you will love your bike more then a car cause a bike is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more fun and as for suggestions just dont buy a gsxr they are good but everyone has one and its not fun

Since i’ve had time to think about it I have decided hands down to go with the SV. I’ve talked to a lot of people, friends, instructors, etc. They all told me the 250 will be to small and getting a brand new bike for my first one is a very bad idea, which I agree with. They said that the SV is hands down the best bike to go with out of my three choices.

I have the MSC Schedule and am studying for the permit now.

The big thing for me right now though is selling my damn snowmobiles.