help me keep it running!

help needed guys

i don’t ask very often, but i’m stuck here.

Just did the dohc swap, problem lies here, starts up fine, BUT it only runs for 10-15 sec before it dies, I think it might be a vaccuum problem, but i’m only running aac and the vaccuum line off of the manifold to the FPR.

any ideas/suggestions welcomed. i’ve come to far to rip it all apart now and re-do the entire motor again.

thanks much.

I doubt very much that a vaccume problem of any sort would stop it from running. Is sounds more likely to me that it’s fuel releted. After a few seconds power to the fule pump relay will be disconnected by the ECU if it doesn’t see the engine running. I think it looks at one of the CAS signals for this. I’d check the wiring for these.

This is my first guess…

-Martin.

hmm, maybe just hardwire the fuelpump then…it runs, sortof when i put my foot on the gas, but kinda fights against it.

i’ll look at it when i get it back fromt he shop today

well drove it home from the shop, backfring like crazy, and you have to heel toe to keep it running. I got no idea’s. and it seems to have a small coolant leak…i hate motors.

OK this is different info than you gave before. If you drove it home it can’t be the fuel pump not being powered. Spluttering, missing and backfiring sounds like you have the firing order off, most likely 2 plug wires switched. Check there.

-Martin.