Help me

Hey guys,
i m a starving student and i have 240sx s13 with shot coilovers.
I can’t afford coilovers since they run over 1000 dollars alone
and i still have to take care of rear rotors and pads.
Any suggestions??
i was thinking of getting koni sports struts…
springs i don’t know which ones are better…
rear brakes for now only… something which is not an overkill but
stops me in the tracks…
vented/slotted or maybe even going for 300zx rears or something??
those are the things i need for now and not much budget…
help me plzzzzzzz

Hey there,

Well, the 300 rears would probably set you back more than you sound like you want to spend. I have a set sitting here I would sell, but I believe you need some other misc. parts to make them fit.

For suspension, you cheapest bet would be to get some KYB struts or something along those lines, and a set of springs. I will probably be parting from my lowering springs this winter and getting into some coilovers, so there may be a set ready for you. But we can chat about that later if you’re interested.

There is a possibility that you could have the coilovers rebuilt, but not sure on the pricing on that, or even if it is worth it.

Hope that helps.

From the research I have done to upgrade my S13, I have found most people don’t think it is worth upgrading your rear brakes. Throw some slotted rotors, nice pads with some bite, and if you really want to go all out, some stainless steel braided brake lines. I would say the lines probably won’t make as big a difference in the rear any way, so maybe just save your money! The 300z rear brakes require alot of work to install, the fronts are a no-brainer, but the rears aren’t worth it for just a street car on a budget! save up for a front brake upgrade…that’s worth it, and can be done for like $600!!

thanx guys!, that helps a ton,
i m convinced abt struts, and brakes but springs…
are there any springs which don’t lower you car so much and yet are stiff?
i wanna drive in winter as well…i think more than 1.5 inch drop is too much
wht do u think??

When I used to drive my car in the winter time, seemed to be fine with me. At least with the stock body. Now with the kit, it scrapes. 1.5" is pretty safe, and is the average lowering of springs out there.

Maybe buy food instead of car parts.

ok,
i finally got the tien stech springs and tokico blue/hp struts
AWESOME combination!! i would definitely recommend this setup
not too hard and not too soft just the perfect balance that i wanted
thanx for everyone’s help and suggestions…

Now why would you do that?

How much HP does food give you?