help modding plz

any helpful advise or opinions would be greatly appreciated, i own a 99 v6 cougar automatic what is the best uprade/s that 1,000 can buy, right now its completely stock. i was looking at an air intake, dual exhaust, and venom 400 controller do you think those are parts that are worth my money or not. i am looking for more torque than horsepower but either will work
Thanks,
Shane

thats your general first steps when modding, Intake, Header, Exhaust chip blah blah blah

go to pep boys and buy one of each item in the rice section

wat is the blah blah blah, im very new to this and i dont have all the money in the world to just buy things what basic three or four things are the best from everybodys proffesonal opinion

is that the 2.5 DOHC? you ever need cams or something done I can do that

ya the 2.5 ill be sure to contact you first! thanks

Cold air intake, a header, and cat-back exhaust.

But first things first.

TONS of reading.

sell it

but have done the SVT contour motor swap in those cars. picked up 30hp over stock. honestly those cars are not worth the time and effort. they are PITA to work on.

im working on an almost minum wage job cant afford to sell just make as fast as possible i just want to try to get up around 300 hp for it, you seem to know a lot about it is that possible to do that with about 1,000 to 2,000 dollars total.

…and ive been reading as much as possible but i figured people with experience know best, plus you guys wont be trying to sell me a product but rather help

Thanks for the advice from both of you

best bag for your buck will be nitrous…50 shot should do the job, if your auto tranny is up for it.

now that i think about it
think the kid blew his up and was parting his car out the last i heard
the cougar that i did the SVT contour swap in had a bunch of good parts on it

and on a second note obtaining 300hp is a lot without forced induction or power adder on that car. being more realistic would be 210-250 hp range

lol, you motherfucked that thing for hours… i think that was worse than a mr2 motor in a fwd celica!

quite possibly right i think i would pick the celica over the cougar
Ask Pewter about changing a motor in one of those :rofl:

exhausts are always good, you cant really go wrong there. you may not have to buy a whole intake if your on a budget, you might be able to get away with just a K&N drop in filter, and remove any intake baffles that, may or may not be in your intake piping.
As for 300hp… you may want to wait untill you get a car with a larger aftermarket following, Unless you have more than 1K to drop.
Whatever you decide good luck

o ok do you have his name ide be willing to pick up some quick parts, from what ive read the venom 400 can add up to 25% hp???<this is why im asking you guys can it really do that does anybody have one that works…ide be fine with at least 230 to 250 hp just want to know the quickest route to it. I guess the better question would be what do you guys have on your cars that works?

go join a cougar forum and see what mods those guys have done. for 1k your not gonna ever see 300 relaible hp in that thing. 210-250 is about right, if you do things really smart. Instead of modding a car that is never gonna be that fast while you have a minimum wage job is almost silly, save your cash then trade in your car and use the money you saved to buy a faster car.

they suck

Not 100% sure, but the venom 400 does nothing other than trick the engine computer to think the throttle pedal is pressed further than it really is. At part throttle the car feels faster but its the same at full throttle. Someone may correct me, but that is what I thought the venom 400 is. So waste of money, just floor it and get the same effect.

if you sold it… and put the 1-2 grand into a new car… you could get something nicer though…