what mods should i start with?

I have civic/gsr swap basically stock enginewise. what are the first things i should do as far as most power for the dollar. cams and headwork or the basic intake through exhaust. i’m not too keen on havin a jet engine exhaust driving past amherst and cheektowaga police everyday. i’m open to forced induction but not sure if that’s the route i’m trying to go.

how much are you looking to spend ?

honda turbo kits can be done for under 2 grand, and you dont NEED a loud exhaust to get good power

Basic mods with any engine are inductions and exhaust (headers, catback) besides that there are B18 camshafts like the ZEX/COMP products that make good power. The next bang for the buck would be nitrous oxide. Or if you have a bit more money to spend look into a turbo setup

^^^ :wstupid:

this man knows… :snky::snky: ftw!

Before you spend any money it would be wise to come up with some sort of plan and stick to it that way every dollar gets spent in the right place :slight_smile:

:word:

And decide on what the goals are for the car.

my swap was done by hybrid connection i bought it from this dude scott that bought a new wrx. i’ll def be getting at u guys and innovative for some work. I have a friend who does most of my work he’s been a long time honda tech but u guys know my car inside and out i’m sure. thanks guys.

Do a simple driver mod, and take it to different events such as a drag strip, auto-x, or a full track day. See which one you like most, and build accordingly where you find your car lacking. :slight_smile:

The mod no one ever does.

Do a simple driver mod, and take it to different events such as a drag strip, auto-x, or a full track day. See which one you like most, and build accordingly where you find your car lacking. :slight_smile:

I wish I would have had this advice when I first started modding my car it would have saved me thousands.

one mod you can NEVER go wrong with is larger brakes, or high friction pads (not aurozone “performance” the real stuff)

a point with brakes. decide how fast you want the car to be then upgrade them accordingly. for example. when I did my first brake upgrade it cost me about $350 then 2 years later I started attending AutoX events, the pads on my upgrade were excelent when hot but horrible when cold. it took about 30sec into a autoX event before I had really sticky brakes (poor pad choice). recently i’ve upgraded to cobra brakes with mild track pads (hawk HP+) and they do everything I need. basicly don’t just put sticky pads on your car if you want 300whp. things happen real quick at 120mph and you better be able to stop real quick too.

Is that when you go from 9 and 3 to leanin’ pimp mode after your turbo install?

how about a good suspension? A car can make all the power in the world with out being able to keep it on the ground and being able to handel the car its not worth shit.

id say since u already have a gsr its not a stupid slow car to start out with.

Get a GOOD suspension set up, good sticky tires, maybe a limited slip diff if you dont have it yet… things that no matter what rout you go with in the long run will help you out

You? As in me? Then no.

9 and 3? Again no. It is 10 and 2, airbags are for streetcars.

You also forgot the prerequisite backwards baseball-cap.

dave im going to hurt you for that sig! spray it its a good bang for the buck or you can go my route and turbo it.

fuzzy, he goes to auto x alot.

OK, you’re all wrong…Hands down, best first mod I would do to any car is get a nice sticky set of rubber. You’ll accelerate faster off the launch, be able to take turns faster, and brake faster. Tires. The one mod that will make the car much more fun and safer.

suspension suspension suspension

and tires.

edit: and the mysterious aformentioned driver mod. The order of the three aren’t too crucial i suppose…

umm, actually all you are wrong. when you have a high hp beast on your hands your gunna need some downforce. Id say a nice aluminum spoiler at least 15in high. Dont forget, the higher the spoiler the more downforce and the more downforce the faster the car will go.:tup:

^^^ :lol:

I agree. I would do power mods next, then suspension, and brakes lastly. Make the most use out of your stock suspension and brake components. Although I’m looking at it from more of a drag racing standpoint.