help save my jeep ( frame's rotting away)

I have a 92 jeep wrangler and lets just say that 15 years of buffalo has gotten the best of the frame of her.

I need a suggestion for a frame shop that can remove and replace a part of my frame that is pretty badly rotted out. Its on my passenger rear right by the shackel. I know a few people that can weld but id rather have this done by the pros since if it isnt right i could be seriously stranded and possibly hurt if it brakes.

if its fixable im buying a 4 inch lift to add to what i laready have. if its not fixable its getting parted out and im calling it a wrap on it

ive got the same problem except mine is on the drivers side. exact same spot too, right by the shackle. i havent looked into getting it fixed yet but if/when you find a place, let me know.

Don’s Welding on Transit. Fantasctic bunch of guys.

They’ll put it up, take a good look at it, poke it, and give a decently accurate estimate of time.

well that sucks

its a jeep thing, you wouldnt understand, lol.

deffinatly a jeep thing…lol

step 1: get rid of the jeep

step 2: you live in buffalo and dont need a jeep

step 3: after you sold the jeep finish 1 project at a time

step 4: buy a new jeep if you want one that bad

step 5: its still a jeep and they break

step 6: HONDA > JEEP SOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!

^lol. get a hovercraft, then you wouldn’t have this problem :wink:

http://www.rit.edu/~maa5094/jeep2.htm

I think thats the page of my buildup that shows fixing the root in the back left (probably similar to your problem) and the front motor mount boxing on the frame.

mine is a 75 though :slight_smile:

Wow, nice build-up/rebuild.

[quote=“layzie,post:7,topic:25057"”]

step 2: you live in buffalo and dont need a jeep

[/quote]

lol, a jeep is far more useful than a 600 HP honda that only sees the roads half the year IF it’s running.

the spots not horrible, but i was planin on fixing it b4 i did any serious off roading