Help with Grad-school application resume

I will be applying for the UB fulltime MBA program with a concentration in biotechnology. They want a resume and I haven’t drafted one of these in years.

Has anyone done this recently? What information should I be applying and in what order?

What I’ve got so far:

Personal profile

Education

Work experience

What else would they like to see? I’ve got a bunch of skills but I just don’t know where to put them.

If anyone has a sample resume that they’ve done for grad school admissions, that would be super super helpful.

Thanks.

use someones login from the school of management and get one of their templates for MBA resume… then fill it in and use that as your starting point

modify that up and then youll be ok

What’s your email? I’ll send you mine. A friend of mine just finished her full time MBA, was head of the MBA student club whatever the fuck it’s called. She re-formatted mine for me. Must have worked. They quickly gave me early acceptance to the PMBA program.

what did you score on your GREs?

1. I should have studied. The math section kicked this engineer’s ass. :lolham:

PMBA tailors to the working individual right?

You mean GMATs?

Fry - my email is zonggu@buffalo.edu

Thanks.

Yep. Class Tuesday/Wed nights for 3 years.

Zong you’ve got an email.

Thanks man, this is a huge help and a lot better format than the one I’m working on. I’m gonna cop the format definitely.

Should I put things like ‘Dean’s List’ or no? Cuz that doesn’t apply to every semester…

Hmm. I dunno. I probably wouldn’t bother, but I really don’t know. :gotme:

I’m going to need to do this in 6 months or so. I’ll know who to ask if I’m stuck

I would use x cum laude in place of it.
on another note, thats cool that you guys can get an MBA specializing in biotech. Our concentrations are limited to different business functions. (Finance, accounting, marketing, supply chain, etc.)

GPA
GMAT
Work experience

the above are the most important things.
your GMAT is good enough, just get some good recommendation letters and a fabulous essay and I believe you won’t have too much problem. Remember to mention about the international experience you will be immersed as one of your reasons to apply, as it is one of their proud area.

Remember to mention any cross-cultural activities you have been involved in if you have some as they do like to accept people from a diversified group.

When I applied for UB MBA last year, I didn’t have any work experience, well I don’t have any now too.
But they did accept me, I guess having undergraduate degree there helps.
Good luck with the application, UB application process is not as complicated as the others.