Help with my brakes!

Hey Guys, I’m curious what other people have found with there brakes on track days. I have 300zx brakes all around. 30m fronts with Project Mu pads. They are very aggressive pads.

After 6-7 laps I have no pedal. I was shocked!!! Other guys were running pretty much stock brakes, some with oe pads and didn’t have any probelms.

What should I look into to remedy this?

Thanks,

A.J.

Possible you are boiling the fluid or have some moisture in the lines that in turn boils. This happened on my mini stock back in the day but since going to the Wilwood racing fluid I’ve never had a problem.

New fluid for sure, flush all the old stuff out and get some higher end fluid. Wilwood, motul, etc.

with stock caliper;
Hawk HPS they fade but very little and linearly so you know how much brake u have every for every corner. never fade on street and perform good every stop.
Now EBC red stuff but haven’t been to track yet but can easily say they warmer pads and need more heat to operate than stock and HPS.

Get some DOT5 brake fluid and replace your old fluid. Brake fluid is hydroscopic meaning it absorbs moisture. If you’re running old fluid, chances are THAT moisture is being boiled causing you to get that shitty pedal feel.

Thanks guys, I kind of figured that’s what is was most likely. It is DOT 5 fluid, but it is about 4 years old now. I wouldn’t have thought that it could get Contaminated that quickly.

get yourself some ate super blue or motul rbf 600 and call it a day

If you are doing track days, 4 year old brake fluid is pretty effin old!

The dot 5 stuff is silicone based, should resist moisture, but after so many heat cycles it’s probably got bubbles and other crap in there… flush it out and replace with same grade, don’t mix grades unless you like jelly in your calipers instead of fluid

5.1 is NOT the same as 5 just fyi

Also be prepared to change the fluid between lapping sessions if you want to maintain consistency, just like you would any lsd that overheats