Help with tire sizing.

I know it has probably been covered a hundred times but I have a unique question. I just bought the Megan racing coilovers and plan on going pretty low. The rims I am getting R a +40 offset. So spacers R a must. My question is with a drop of ATLEAST 2" what size tires would be best on a 17" rim? I was told 225/45 would be best? Would like opinions from S13 drivers tho.

How wide are the rims? You can get away with 245/45 tires.

the rims are 7"

225 it is. But i dont own a S13 yet, so take it with a grain of salt.

If you had wider wheels i’d say 245.

id go 205

would 205/40 be ok??? Theres a group buy on another site. Limited product apparently…

I think you could get away with 245’s. I’m running 225’s on my stock 16’s (6.5 wide) with no problems.

That seems a bit excessive for a 6.5" rim. I’ve got 205s on a 7.5" and it looks da bomb :slight_smile:

edit: nvm… I thought you said you’re running 245s on the stock

I would go 225.

Solarian: do U have any pics of ur tires on ur rims that I could see?

225 / 45 is what you want for sure…

getting serious low pro ( 35 or maybe even 40 AR) is pure honda…

the wheel wells on a 240 are too big for low pro tires to do a damn thing so forget it. 45 should be goods.

LOL. Sold. Thank U bing. I never really thought about the size of the wheel wells. LOL

I can snap a pic of the winters on the rim today (the summers are just chillin in teh garage) but the rims aren’t on my car either, it’d just be a rim with tire. I dunno if that’s what you wanted, but I’ll put it up neway.

205/45s will look slightly stretched, 225/45s will look flush or slightly bulging depending on the tire, as 225/40 matches stock size, not 225/45.

But dont worry, your ricer wheels wont rub with whatever tires you go with :lol:

I have the pics, 4 of em, 2.5mb, gimme your email if you want them, I can’t host these.