Help with Verizon phone

Last night i was at a stag and my phone got dropped on the floor…the battery and the phone detached and some water or whatever got on the inside of the phone and battery…bad thing is the phone doesnt work now…

Now im wondering if my phone could be replaced???..i am within my 1 year manufactuers warranty and i also have the lockline phone insurance…anybody that works with verizon or had a similar issue as mine can help me out it would be good

I’m pretty sure if there is water damage its a no-go on the replacement :frowning:

You have insurance?

50 bucks deductable, get a new phone.

That, or just buy a used phone off of someone.

BTW, does your phone have litmus paper on it?

my friend lost his phone in the ocean! he dried it throughly, it didnt work. went to take it in for a new one and the battery as some odd spot on it that if it gets water on it changes color, and then they wont give u a new one, u have to buy a new one. so gl

well i just got back from verizon…i have to call this 1800 number and pay a $50 deductable and i get a brand new phone…

Howie- yes it had litmus paper…it turned pink…they said that is the way they know if it was water damage…

I have to way 2-3 days for my new phone

Articzap- Under locklines insuarance policy, it does cover any water damage.

Insurance doesn’t care if there is water damage. Thats what its for.

Warranties do however.

I’m willing to bet your friend, didn’t have insurance…but a warranty still…and wanted it covered under warranty.

yeah the guy at verizon said if you didnt have insurance and you had water damage your pretty much fucked