Help with xbox 360.

a not so l337 friend of mine just called me with a question about his 360 hes had for like two months.

he says that when he powers it up the fans turn on but then the normally green controler lights light up red and the thing freezes up.

he called tech support and tried their 3 fixes to no avail. i guess.

tech support said he could mail it back to fix for $149 bux.

since he has no extened warranty on it.

dosetn the 360 have a 1 year warranty?

has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix.

I dont own one. and have only played his for like two hours. when he first got it. and helped him with the OLD xbox game update.

thanks.

Should have a 1 year warranty on it.

Ship it back.

thats what i thought.

i dunno what he was thinking.

I though it only had a 90 day warrenty on it

he has one of the first batch, let me see if I can find the link to say what is actually wrong with it, its an over heating issue that fries something, i think

http://video-games.elliottback.com/2005/11/23/xbox-360-prone-to-crash/

http://www.xboxhacker.net/forums/index.php?topic=1193.0

Nick we should call for him. Billy isn’t gonna “motivate” them

This is your rich buddy? WTF, just buy a new one.

Just because of the fact that my parent have money doesn’t mean that i have the money! So no im not going to buy a new one if i can avoid it! also it will not boot it will just go to the red lights!

read the link i posted

jesus

yeha when that light is red instead of green… your better off buying a new one… shipping costs plus the 149 or so to fix it… = almost the price of a new one…hell the price to fix it is already half of the core system… plus shippping that thing is not cheap… it does weigh alot… either way man good luck

buy one from walmart…change out the ID tags on the bottoms then return the used xbox with the tags from the new one. Got to love walmart.

dude you are a fuckin tool… seriously… i work loss prevention for sears im actually a dm… but still yeah i hope you get caught doing that… not only is that refund fraud… but thats a class A misdemeanor…also you will go to jail for that… so go ahead… try idiot boys method here and find yourself 1 step away from a lower class felony…

real smart…

instead of frauding wal-mart and making their prices go up higher cause your too cheap… how about doing it the legit way and doing it right?

either buy a new one… or pay to get it fixed… if its under 90 days bring it back return it and get a new one…there should be no reason to go and fraud a company cause you suck at life.

this post is not in reference to the person whose 360 is broken… sorry if it seems that way… but this is why i love my job as loss prevention… cause idiots like this make our job fun…i just hate it when others go around and fraud others…

hey fuck you, when you buy something and it doesn’t work then microsoft will not support you have to do what u have to do. If I broke something I’ll admit it and then buy a new one, if its manufacturer error and they wont support their defect then I take matter into my own hands. I don’t feel like being ripped off by billion dollar companies. His fucking xbox is 2 months old and its an error not caused by him and microsoft will not support trouble shooting, thats bullshit…dont you agree? This also happend to my friend’s 1 year old xbox and they made him pay $80 to fix it, why are he numbers different?
I suck at life…hmmm. I’ll second that, atleast I dont work at sears. Pm me you opinions on me so we can keep this thread on topic

this does not help me either way boys. $400.00 is a little steep to pay for another one and jail is no good either im going to find the receite and take it back and screw the hell out of mircosoft that way probably.

wtf is up with ur sig man?

just a little city sprit that is all, i’ll turn it down some. stupied xbox! damn Bill Gates!

Interesting, I might keep this in mind for other issues. :slight_smile: