Hey Boxersix

Hey Adam, I have a question. I have a bad wheel bearing in my Jetta, Most places are charging about 350 to fix it, they are telling me the part is $250. I can get the part online for like $100. I was wondering if I bought the part and drove the car up to you if you could do the work for me and put it in? Not sure if you do this kind of stuff but i figured you did, i could probably make time next weekend to do it. Let me know. Not sure if you remember me but this is Jay Falkners old friend Walter, i met you at a BBQ at his house a few years ago. Let me know man thanks!

This is why god created pm’s.

yeah i sent him one a couple days ago about something else, he must not check them. I know what a PM is, and what its used for but I cant make someone check it…thanks

I have a press and the tools to do your car. Let me know.

Nick

ok ill wait til boxer gets back to me, then ill let you know whats going on, either way thanks for offering, ill be in touch man

Yea nick helped brett do his gti wheel bearings last night

Someone who tosses around Jay Falkners name is sure going back aways! I haven’t talked to Jay/Paula since the last BBQ I went to 2-3 years ago. If you’re talking about one of the BBQ’s when they lived on the farm in Chatam with those hairy oxen then you’re really puling out the memories. :lol Shit, them are the Ronin days!

I could do it, but it isn’t going to be any time soon. I’m booked flat out for months, and typically can only sneak in small jobs at moments notice when long projects get put on hold due to unforseen issues. I could put you on the “tentative” list but there’s no guarantee when the time would come around to do so. There’s 10-12 people on that list as is now and they’re all banging down the door to get their stuff in ASAP.

If you’re in a pinch your best bet is to get on of the aforementioned people above to bang them out. Nick and Brett know their way around a VAG or two and will get it done right no questions asked :wink:

Ok man cool, thanks for getting back to me, yeah man it was a bbq at the farm, it was me, you , justin, ed kershaw, vinnie, and the asian guy. Good times. I had a Matrix XRS at the time, Justin still had his suzuki.

Asian dave! Lol!

:rofl where the fawk did he go anyway?

An you nigglet…I didn’t see my wheels on that site :frowning:

wheel bearing is 30$. takes around 20minutes to remove the knuckle from the car. 15minutes to R/R the bearing/hub… easy peasy