Hey NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY

Ok, first off let me tell u a little about me. I’m 15 year old male, Guyanese in background, i’m working dis summer will make $3,000 after taxes after summer is done. I got a 1989 240sx Hatch Back from brother. He was gonna keep it but he bought from a guy that ripped him off so gave me to work on. His car which is mine now is orange and hood, mirrors, roof, rims are black with flakes. Now he didnt want the car because there is alot of rust which he didnt notice at first. Firstly the exterior not including under body or engine bay is excellent. Since i bought it its been out side and no bubling meening no bondo or no rust. Now the bad i ripped carpet from flooring to see holes. There about 3 holes on drivers side and 3 on passengers side. Frame i was told has been patched with fibreglass to fix holes. Another good is the engine fired first kick everytime i go inside to start. Now since im 15 and have been told welding is highly dangerous i dont want to do it. So, i was wondering what i should do, or how much u guys think it will cost to fix.

i will add pics tommorow lost camera wire. You will love exterior. :smiley: LOL

Fibreglass + Frame = one half of the car at one side of the track, the other half at the otherside of the track. I’m about to embark on a fix of relatively similar proportions.

Fibreglass should be used for body work, not frame repair. I’ve been told frame welding is easy to pick up, bodywork is another issue.

Some cars like Delorians use Fiberglass frames and Stainless steel body panels (Don’t ask me the “intelligence” behind this)

Fiberglass CAN be good for frame repair but it must be the right thickness and matting. It must also have a firm hold on all available metal frame. Just to note, fiberglass doesn’t mix well with metal when the temperatures change. Metal expands and contracts at a much quicker rate than fiberglass and it may crack out rapidly if not done correctly on your car. If used as a repair it WILL crack out and it WILL weaken over time, so it WILL be up for and additional repair. Best bet from now is to find and remove all the figerglass patches on the frame, then weld in new solid metal to replace it. Welding is only dangerous if you don’t clear the hot welds of flammable liquids such as gas or the interior.

The way I see it, bodywork is best left tried by a body shop. Too much time, effort and patience involved.

does any one no where i can get this stuff done for cheap

downsview