HEY Sasha

I saw you on the way from Mosport on the weekend… so how did the first race weekend go?

I was at the DDT instructing at a school…did you see me in my Rv hauling the red turbo car?

ps your sequence forum is down

Adam

lol i love this, people use SON like email doesnt exist… sweet… 8)

Hahaha whats goin on Adam!

it was the craziest thing. Im towing my car along and 500m ahead i see what really really seems to be an s13 on a trailer

then i saw your wing and the black carbon above the exhaust and thought to myself wouldn’t that be funny if it was adam.

Then I got closer and realized it was!

My first weekend was insane. I was going to make a post on here about it so what better place than here?

This was my first time racing but also my first time ever driving mosport, so it was a lot to take in all at once.

The first time out on the track it was raining, and I only had dry tires. Needless to say it was a drift fiesta out there. Except I didn’t want it to be. I’ve honestly never been so scared behind the wheel of a car as when I was going down that back straight trying to put power to the ground in the wet. The ass was all over the place at 180km/h the tires would spin over every little bump and I was certain the car was going to land a bit crooked and throw me into the wall

A few times I braked too late for corner 3 and locked up and almost slid right off, oh and one time I slid all the way down 4. It was exciting.

The first race was crazy though man. Being surrounded by cars all fighting like animals was insanely intimidating. I backed off for the first few laps. Anytime there was a car infront of me I went 8/10ths as if I was expecting them to do something sudden and I needed to leave myself a margin of grip to deal with an emergency. Needless to say I lost a lot of time. The feild opened up and I started to pull hard on the leader, a blue camero driven by gunther schmit (spelling?). I passed a wide body M3 driven by Ray something, and then a few laps later i look down at my factory gauge cluster (gotta love the no gauges) and what do you know, shes starting to creep up. From 2nd to last in 3 laps. I backed off and cruised around the track for the rest of the race and got some points for finishing the race but that was it.

I had to figure out a way to cool the car some more!

Second race was the exciting one. It was a 40min rather than a 20, and we had modified the car some to help it be cool. I also lowered the boost to try and keep the car cooler.

Race starts and I couldn’t get around this vw. I was much faster than him in the corners but i could never set myself up to get past him cleanly. I was terrified of trying to pass him and not having enough grip and smashing into him. Anyways, I finally line myself up leaving corner 3 and put the skinny pedal to the floor and the car goes POP! Im like wtf!! I let off and come onto the throttle again, it hits a wall agian.

Fuel cut.

I tuned my EMS to cut fuel at 19psi if it were ever to get that high. But why is it hitting 19psi?

So i keep trying it a few more times and then all of a sudden the car becomes ridiculously slow. But no more popping. So i’m in last place still with a car makingabout 140hp. Shit.

Im trying to listen to the engine and sort out in my head what is going on, all while also trying to watch my mjirros and pay attention to this terrifying track ive only had about 20 laps on so far.

I’m minding my own buisness going into corner 1 (at this point i wasn’t braking for a single corner except 5 the car was that slow - i was going into 8 full throttle)

And andrew wojtek or however you spell his last name (the dude with the lexus IS300 world challenge car) decided to pass me. I guess he figured I saw him. But i didn’t see him. Hell i didn’t even know anyone was behind me. He had no where to go.

One second im minding my own buisness the next second I hear and feel a loud bang as andrew hit my rear passenger wheel. The car starts sliding and i throw it to full opposite lock but it was too much. The car spins and i lock up all 4 wheels as its sliding, i triedto keep it on the track but it was no dice. The car slid off into the gravel. I’m freaking out.

Was it my fault? Was he beside me and I squeezed him?

I’m thinking my car is totally fucked. I mean it felt like the hardest hit ever. I was sure the whole rear quarter was smashed and my racing days were done.

Then hte marshell runs over and yells at me to start it back up ( i had killed hte battery as i thought thats what you were always supposed to do when you go off :stuck_out_tongue: )

and im like WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN - START IT UP. Can’t you see. My cars FUCKED. Hes like what hte hell are you talking about the cars fine just get back out there. Im like, you mean theres no damage? Hes like NO! GO GO GO! IM like haha holy shit htats sweet aright

So i go back out and of course curiousity needs to know whats up. Not to mention im shaken and freaked out wondering if it was my fauult or what happened. I go into the pits and check the car out. Malcolm tells me the cars fine and it wasn’t my fault, andrew just dove intoo hot dont worry about it FINISH THE RACE. I go aright aright dude and get back in mycar and gear up. I’m about 5 laps odwn now and dont forget my cars making about 150hp at full throttle, and i was driving around the track at 30% because I was afraid something was damaged and i didn’t want to ruin it further.

SO i ended up finishing the race playing around with a stock sentra on slicks driven by steven scala. Yes he was pulling me on the back straight. But it was very fun hahaha

And wouldn’t you know it, Two of the cars had mechanical problems and dropped out of the race. I ended up 3rd and got a bottle of champgeinge!

Oh my what a weekend. Im going to work on reliability and try to do better at shannonville in june!

Pics tommorow im going to sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice seeing you Adam, how was the ddt school?

ever thought of writing a book?

wow man, thats so awsome i wish my car would qualify :frowning: gonna work on that for sure…

lol man that was like a sex story, i read it all (I don’t mind), that was great bro, quite exciting good stuff. What’s wrong with the car? Did you resolve the prob? What was it?

Hey sasha i saw u @ the track and thought your car looked awsame out there. I dont know if u remember talking to me but i was there with justin from intense and my gf dad. He races the red sentra with the front drive SR i had my s13 there just would have loved to take her out on the track. Turn 2 looks a lil hairey i seen that datson hit the wall not very nice ill be @ shanonville on the 4th to i hope. Good luck with the car man.

thats great sasha, glad you had lots of fun :slight_smile:

yes cooling is a big problem for turbo cars :slight_smile: welcome to the club :slight_smile:

School was fine…students had a great time, we had some cool cars come out like vipers and lotus elise’s

Thanks man! Yea cooling my car has always been a problem :frowning: hopefully i’ll fix it this week?

I think i saw that lotus in the paddock a few times. Those are gorgeous cars. Did you get to run your car at all?

ryjo yea i remmeber you. That sentra is so sexy, i love the clear splitter. You hardly realize its there until you walk up to it. What a gorgeous race car. I’ll see you at shannonville buddy

The problem wit hthe car was at first the fuel cut from overboosting. That was caused by the hose that runs from the hotpipe to the turbo popping off. When it got really hot it became loose and the pressure blew it off.

Then the harsh bucking from fuel being cut at 19psi caused an intercooler pipe to blow off. I need t-bolt clamps!

Here are some pics

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/Picture-392.jpg

Cut the hood latch out for more airflow and took the grile out. Look at all that prime real estate for clean airflow now. Mmmmmm

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/Picture-374.jpg

Some of my competition. Check out that widebody M3. What a gorgeous car.

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/Picture-370.jpg

bobo made a celebrity appearance on the wekeend to help me install the wing and watch me race. Malcolm strachan was my hero he guided me through the whole weekend. I would have been dead without that dude

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/Picture-299.jpg

friday night wing install, thanks to paul form neetronics for letting me borrow his wing

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/82b2re2.jpg

little messege for everyone behind me thats trying to pass

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/7dedre2.jpg

its a race! its a race!

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/6b75re2.jpg

mmm mBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/ddafre2.jpg

i belive this to be corner 9, however im not entirely sure

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/efeare2%7E0.jpg

my favorite picture from the weekend. Look how compressed those d2s are getting. I’m guessing that to be an upwards of 1.5g corner

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10252/ac0dre2.jpg

yay for 3rd place, boo for looking like death.

Thats my weekend boys

lol awesome

on the topic of seeing sasha, you passed me a couple weeks ago on the 401 i believe, on the way back from niagara picking up my car, i was towing a black chucki hatch. ur car is incredibly sexy, that event looks like a ton of fun, i hope to be out there in a couple years 8)

Great race Sasha, I would love to be on that track…

Mosport is a wicked track, Every part of it is great (from being a frequent observer anyways). The corner 3 to 5 stretch is my favorite.

You should get that camera mounted up again if they allow you to do that.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Theo

HI IM NEW HERE :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can’t believe I read the whole thing, that was the longest post I ever read, usualy I give up after the second paragraph, but that post was good it kept me on the edge of my seat. It was like I was right there sitting in the passenger seat of Sashas car man!
Sasha you should write a book dude :lol:

sasha you are wicked… i love you

this is priceless, I mean it would have been hillarious to hear other driver reactions as they pass you, with your car performing to less than 1/2 its potential.

Next time will it say, “still new, second race”

can you link something outlining the car qualifications and class…?

what kinda times were you posting at Mosport Sasha?

Have you installed a low temp thermostat and high pressure rad cap? I know they seem obvious but they can go a long way in keeping your engine cool.

Adam I believe he hit a 1.35 and possibly a 1.33…

He was faster then everyone in his class period… if his car didn’t suffer from reliability issues, he would have easily placed first in his class, and might have even overtaken the guys in the higher class had he qualified in the dry…

Probably one of the most exciting weekends race related I’ve been too…

Malcom was probably the best guy to have out there keeping everything in check and helping everyone out…

Glad to help out…

Just for reference, Sasha’s car was by far the quietest car on the track, you couldn’t hear his car hardly even when he was all alone.

However I attribute his sucess to his ability to pick up the track very quickly… and exploit the mistakes of the other drivers just as much as his car…

Sasha ate everyone in turn 3…

I’ll pit for you anyday dude…

what a sweetheart :oops:

heh yea i did a 1.35.4 in my first race i think

my second race i was feeling 1.34’s but i was in traffic until the cooler piping blew off so i never got a clean lap in. but i think there would have been a 34 turned in there.

My goal is to be in the 32s at mosport by the end of the season with the same power level. The biggest time loss right now is exiting 5b, the turbo lags really hrd in 3rd so i need to find some time to downshit into 2nd and i’ll get almost a full second on myself just exiting the corner. Cars with 50-60hp less than me would train me for the first quarter of the straight just because I had been out of boost for so long!

Sasha! send me hi res pics!

I’m coming next time.