Hey Snowboard Peeps

your boots are fine, you dont need risers, gear wont have any effect.

its up to you though man.

Senior year of high school I ripped the tendon in my left ankle boardsliding the handrail at Catholic Academy skateboarding. Couldn’t walk for a couple months. Didn’t go to the hospital or anything

it healed, and eventually I was allr ight again. couldn’t really snowboard much that season though, as my ankle would swell and be constricted by the boot

then my freshman year of college I ripped it again skateboarding doing a frontside 360 flatground. This time I went to the doctor, but all they gave me was a hard cast and crutches and told me to stay off it. the crutches lasted about a day.
couldn’t ride most of that year, but still made it out 6 or 7 times

but it did heal eventually. I don’t know man. it’s up to you. I guess just do all your PT, see what the doctor thinks in terms of progress, and evaluate.

its gonna be more strain on you if you’re just starting out. After having ridden for a while, if I want to go out and just cruise and not push myself, I’m not gonna fall. I didn’t fall once in those 2 years when I only got to ride 5-10 times per season.

but last year once my groin healed (hockey injury) i pushed myself and got wrecked a bunch of times, and it felt great. (falling means you’re getting better). but if you have a serious injury, it could upset that

but i def think snowboarding isnt as bad for it as skiing. on a snowboard your legs can only move together.s kiing they can go off in any which way, more strain, and potential to get hurt. but snowboarding is a lot of work on your knees, damn things have to be bent and working full time the whole time you ride

up to you man

JEEEEEzus keeerist will you look at that knee brace. That is armour dude. If you think you need something like that to board, don’t do it. If you are that nervous about eating it and busting that knee open again, imagine how dumb you’re gonna think you are in 5 years when you cant walk right.

Boarding isn’t just a high impact sport, its all kinds of different forces on your body. Listen to ILC, that kid has the worst injury I’ve ever personally come into contact with.

Well I know some boots that just suck. And feel like stepping into plastic. But knee pads are the way to go in my opinion. I wear them and don’t have a knee problem.

But yeah, it’s up to you. You don’t have to go out and kill it this season, just keep your riding skills up to date. So when you’re ready to actually get back into it full on, you wont be rusty. Just ride for fun, and chicks. lol Video tape your buddies or something. Make the most of what you have. I mean it takes a great amount of courage to go out there after an injury with all the risk.

Just take it easy, and have fun. Kill it next year :wink: