Hey, you won 54 million.

Oops, my bad, no you didn’t. :gtfo:

Here’s an idea… Stop wasting money on the lotto when you need a new roof?

printed media? they still make that?

ROFL. New roof and a dentist are much needed. Stop gambling and be responsible.

Inb4lawsuitforemotionaldamages

Mega Millions: Legally taxing people who suck at math since 2002.

Relax. Shes prolly retired and spends 5 bucks per week on lotto. Big deal. Not like saving that $5 per week will get her that roof much quicker.

^^Yeah but for how long has she been playing? That’s the real question.

If they mismanage in one area…it’s almost guaranteed they are mismanaging others. There’s a mentality behind gambling and it rarely is as cheap as $5 per week. It’s usually these types that also give to charity, so it’s not that they are bad people…they just suck with monetary decisions.
JMHO

I worked at a gas station a few years ago, it was part time, 2 or 3 days a week. People would come in and spend $100-$200 a week on scratch offs, while I was working, no idea about the rest of the week, but I’d assume that they also came in on other days and bought some.

I don’t mean to judge, but most of these people looked like they could use that $100 a week a lot more effectively on something else.

In high school I used to work at a full service gas station and a habit I had then I still do today. When ever I’m at the gas station and see someone buying lottery tickets (outside of the 300 million jackpot when everyone plays) or scratchoffs I usually watch to see what they’re driving and how they’re dressed. And yeah, you start to notice a trend that these people probably aren’t financial planning geniuses.

Yeah I guess they have no ambition/self confidence to go out and earn their money. They rather take “the easy way out” and win it.

The cleaning Puerto Rican cleaning staff where I work buy scratch offs every morning…Pretty much sums up the lottery demographic.

Ouch easy on us ricans

^Lol Ricky

I buy a lottory ticket occasionally. maybe every couple weeks. Never know.

I’ve won my share of race track 50/50s in the past etc.

I’ve also won more from scratch offs than I’ve ever spent on them by far.

Every week in high school I would go buy $5 worth of scratch offs every week, I worked a store over from a deli so pay day would come and I would buy lunch and a few tickets, I won the last time I ever got a paycheck from there, I didn’t cash the winning ticket and still haven’t bought anything lottery related, minus random fundraiser/50.50s.

Buying every now and again is cool. I do from time to time buy a “win for life” with the dream of not working if I don’t want to.
What do you play that you think you’re coming out in the green? I find that VERY hard to believe but it’s like slot machines…some have better odds I’m sure. Curious what you usually scratch off.