HICAS removal

Does anyone know if anybody local has a HICAS eliminator bar in stock? I need one like… yesterday.

You can get a hicas eliminator kit from tomei, phase2motortrends sell them. It has the washers to lock out the rear and an electronic connection to keep the hicas light from coming on. they are like 150 bux or so.

I don’t want the ghetto lockout washers. I want to get the bar that replaces the heavy ass HICAS rack. I was just wondering if anyone knew af a local shop that might have one in stock.

My HICAS is already disabled, but the pump and everything is still intact. My HICAS pump started leaking so I’m driving around with no power steering until I find an eliminator bar. Then I can disable the HICAS end of my power steering pump, and get rid of all the HICAS pump, lines, rack, etc.

well i got a non hicas subframe! u interested?

cannonbal-r in vancouver stocks them.

They should be able to get it in a week.

However check out the www.splparts.com site as they have a new style you can use with their toe arms.

Yeah I thought about getting the SPL one, but then it’s more money to get adjustable toe links. I’d like to get one that uses my HICAS links, then I still have adjustable rear toe.

so if you were to get the spl unit, you would NEED to get the adjustable rear toe arms too?

Rob when are you gonna do a write up of what you did to remove hicas and such.

Yup

I should be doing it tonite if i have time.

School+full time job+renovations= no time for anything.

but what if a person bought the hicas lock rods and not the bar from spl, would a person need anything extra?

Well I de-HICASed my powersteering pump today. When I pull the car out of storage in the spring, I’ll be installing my Kazama HICAS removal bar.

Did you get the hicas lock bar from superiornissanmotorsports.com?

Yup. Thanks for the link. :smiley:

Just picked up a roll bar too, so more than the weight of the bar will be taken out by removing all the HICAS junk.