HICAS warning light

Hey, I did a search for this under “hicas warning light” and I found diddly squat… Anyway, I was swapping my headlights for diamond cuts that I bought on this forum, and being the total n00b that I am, caused some kind of weird short circuit in the car that caused my alarm to come on, and in a few seconds, completely drain my battery. Anyway, I boosted the car back up, battery is fine, headlights work nice and all, but, my HICAS warning light is now on all the time. I’ve never seen it light up in the past, so I’m pretty confused. Not in a hurry, since she doesn’t get winter driven anyway, but I would like to know what’s going on. Did it just blow a fuse that controls HICAS, or? And where would I find this fuse and replace it? If it is a fuse at all ofcourse…

Check the fuse panel; make sure none are blown.

Check around the Hicas arms for leaks or whatever. :dunno:

And for not disconnecting negative battery cable when messing with electricals you deserve a :slap:

check p/s fluid level too

too much hardcore drifting

^^and I used to also experience warm-up time for freezing temps

my hicas light came on one day, 3 days later after i toped up the fluid the hicas block blew at 195 at wot and shot ps fluid all over my exhaust

Holy Shit ^^ Dirttty. Check all fuses like Gonad said, It probably isnt even hicas, the ecu’s are weird. My “room light” fuse under the dash was blown, and when i plugged my seatbelt in, the clock shut off. When I tried to turn the interior light on, the “no seatbelt” symbol lit up…Some weird shit

:stupid:

LoL! Nice, thx a lot guys, I think it is a fuse, considering how it happened, but I’ll check the fluids, might be frozen or something, it is pretty cold out there. I’m hoping nothing froze since the car was in the garage the entire time. I know it’s not all that much warmer in there, but it’s still warmer than outside.

follow these three easy steps to aviod any of your hicas problems for the rest of your cars life

1. get under passenger side of car
    2.disconnect the only wires down there infront of the subframe
  2. disconnect the plug that lights up the hicas warning light

done and done.

hah, and they try and sell you a box that tells the ecu that hicas is working which turns off the light… slap my ass and call me charlie

Isn’t HICAS good though? I mean, I always thought it was on there for a reason to begin with.

News Flash… It sucks.

Seriously? I always thought it was there because it made your car handle better. Is that just your personal opinion, or does pretty much everyone think that?
I’ve also heard that removing it is way worse than not having it to begin with… is that true?

maybe hicas is good for you and your grandma

when the plug is disconnected it goes into fail safe mode

it already is in fail safe mode according to your post

Take the plugs out