hid kits?

are they worth it? i am thinking about getting one for my 95 altima, my concern is do they burn out like normal lights? i have bought a aftermarket ones and the one side kept burning out, it would start with the running lights then the night lights, wil this be an issue? i don’t wanna blow 500 or so on hids if this is gona be a problem? if not what is a good brand to get?

www.gthid.ca :rolleyes:

The nice thing about HID kits is that the bulbs are rated for a certain number of hours, you’ll be guarenteed to get very close to that running time.

There are no elements in HID bulbs, just two little terminals and the light is created when the electricity arcs across the two terminals. There is nothing to succumb to vibration damage, so they’ll last a long time.

The reason your aftermarket ones keep burning out is probably because the manufacturer cheaped out and used a crappy element in the bulb. This cheaped out element can break or vibrate loose and cause a burnt out bulb.

I purchased a Phillips HID kit and I’m quite happy with it ('cept for the purplish light)

hehe… not blue?

Y’know, it’s funny, the box comes marked as 78K and when initially turned on, they are blue, then they flicker and go pink/purple <shrug>

that makes sense the bulbs where only like 30 bucks and some brand never heard of? i bought them from josh cause they where in stock, i like the purple tinge on the lights though, thats the color i want to get, lol

can’t get hids now cause of having to buy tools for my new job, so what kind of bulbs are nice? my passenger is out and i need some new lights, so i’ll just get some new bulbs

well there is a million bulbs out there, i find best overall are silverstar’s, they not crazy exspensive and look pretty good, crisp and whiter, but the key is they actually last and have a 1 yr warrenty. ebay bulbs BOOOOOO. went through i think 6 on my bike, (bought bulk). and PIAA’s look way better but are pricer. also CATT makes some nice bulbs but i coudlnt find them anywhere

78K? That doesn’t make any sense. Normally its a 4-5 digit number, ranging from ~ 4000K to 12,000K.

Anything more than about ~ 4300-4500K means you’re getting into the ricey color ranges.

i heard of catz but not catt, same thing? if so i heard that they are pretty good too. mine are h4s, silverstar? yea i heard piaa is very expensive, i want to keep it around 60 bucsks or so for bulbs, what about mtec bulbs i heard those are pretty good too

werd

I have Catz on my silvia and they are Pimp but dont compare to Jack and his HIDs