hids for the wrx.

Now, I’ll be the first to say that I know nothing about differnt headlights (halogens,hids ect…)

My wrx comes with projector headlights…but they are not xneon (sp?)

What i’m trying to get at is…my jaguar and my gti (mk5) had projectors with bi/xneons (they projected a clear/white light)

so, the wrx has the same light housing but it projects a yellowish (halogen) light.
My question is…do they make plug and play HIDS for my car and if so how hard are they to install?

You can find many kits for the car, you just have to find the right bulb size. On ebay you can get kits for under $100 now and it’ll be plug and play and take a matter of 15 minutes to install.

thank god youre one of the smart ones deciding to use projectors with your HIDs, too many fucking retards put HIDs on w/o them and have the light scattering everywhere… at the trees, at oncoming traffic, anywhere but the road… just look up what size bulb you have, ie H7 is a popular one type that and HID into ebay and there ya go… ive noticed though that the ebay kits have shitty ballasts… go with Hella for quality if you have the money.

while your wrx may have similar looking projector housings they are designed to work with halogen bulbs which displace light differently than a xenon bulb. while xenon bulbs and HID ballasts are certainly made that will fit into your stock housings, it will not provide the same crisp cut off and lack of “hot spots” that the cars you had with OEM HIDs gave you.It also might blind oncoming drivers even on just low beams. you can retrofit projectors from an OEM HID car to get the desired effect if you want to do it right.

The cutoff is not as good as an HID projector but it’s OK.

pm layzie he is the hid guru

or go here and read like he did

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

sell WRX and buy STi

my elise had halogen projectors and when retrofitted with HIDs had a very crisp cutoff.

[quote=“newman,post:8,topic:38129"”]

sell WRX and buy STi

my elise had halogen projectors and when retrofitted with HIDs had a very crisp cutoff.

[/quote]

I’ll have to talk to you about how you did the elises setup…the wrx has the same type halogen projectors.

I’m going to be smart and wait till I hit 22 or 23 to pick up a sti. The insurance is killer on them for a young kid.

I may do a tranny and DCCD swap next year though…:blah:

you should check out lightwerkz headlights… www.lightwerkz.net I believe is the link… he does great work.

Hmm hids… I love them on my BMW I will miss them sorely when I get my new car in the next few days here… having adaptive ones are even nicer too in turns on windy roads.

Since I am more than likely getting a Impreza maybe some point in time I can do a HID kit upgrade (I believe it has projectors too)

[quote=“evane,post:11,topic:38129"”]

Hmm hids… I love them on my BMW I will miss them sorely when I get my new car in the next few days here… having adaptive ones are even nicer too in turns on windy roads.

Since I am more than likely getting a Impreza maybe some point in time I can do a HID kit upgrade (I believe it has projectors too)

[/quote]

If you are going from ANY bmw to a base impreza (non wrx) you will be greatly disapointed.
Now if you are getting a wrx :tup:

Don’t do it! You have a wrx - thow on a pair of Hella 500s and you’ll have more light then you’d ever want. Way cheaper and it will actually do something useful when you need it.