high speed........above 100km/h shakes

hey guys, I dont know if im right, but when im on the highway with my s13, doing about 100km/h - 120km/h , the steering wheel shakes hard! would it be the wheel bearing??

front wheel bearings or an alignment…u will have to take off the wheels on a hoist and check for play in the front end somewhere…
get a set of used jdm wheel bearings with the hubs if ures are messed up- call if u need a set.
good luck

try rotating your wheels (front to back)… they could be out of balance.

nice nice! thanks guys…i just got a s13 last night, so yea, i dont know much about it! but SR20det is making me happy! BOOST gets you LAID!

just jack up the front check for play in the wheel side to side and up and down. but mostttt likly just wheels are balance you could pull off the weights off the wheels and itll be better but u will still need balancing.

agreed.

i had uneven camber wear on my front tires due to bad alignment, after a while the steering feels the way you described.

out of balance rims are usually the main culprit

get your front rims/tires checked first then move onto alignment

then onto wheel bearings.

bad wheel bearings usually make a scratching or humming noise tho.

check your tyres one of them could be warped or buldged and it causes the wheel to shake…

also your lug nuts… make sure they are tight…

bearings would be making a loud noise…

the alignment could be off but it would also cause the car to pull in another direction.

check your control arms too… when they are getting ready to go…everything shakes…

my money is on an alignment. My car is doin the same thing now, I gotta hold the wheel 20 degrees to the left in order to go straight, and it vibrates like mad between 100-120.

thanks guys…

for sure i will check that!

one more thing, how do u put on the power steering belt?

first thing you should do is check to see if the front wheels have wheel weights on them… or if the tires are very worn they could have become off balance

also check for rocks or mud or crap stuck in the wheel on the inside.

guys are you fucking kidding me dont tell him to change wheel bearings before he checks the easy stuff… god

lol…well…i just ordered a new set of wheel n tires…so we will see…and im getting the alignment done soon, so yea

get the alignment done AFTER you put on the new wheels/tires.
obviously right :cool: