Wheel shake.

My front wheels shake at about 80km untell about 85km enough to shake the stearing wheel and tongiht on the way home at 140 they shook like a mother fucker, but only after 140.

Is this allignment or is this another part.

prob need to get your wheels balanecd

i had that problem in my mazda 6 from excessive… “fun having”
now the problem with my wheels was, due to the amount of snow we had, some got INSIDE the rim, melted from break heat, then froze…
i had to pull off each wheel and scrape out the snow, then it was fine again.

so whip off one of the wheels that feels unbalanced (should be able to tell while driving) and see if theres snow in there…

lol i got that too but mines only shake at 70 goes away after 110 but didn’t go fast enough to check higher speeds cause i was low on gas.

Can also be worn balljoints that have play and vibrate at speed.

yup could be tie rods joints or lower control arms.

i hope its bero suggestion about the snow.

EXACT same thing happened with the GTR.

Wheel was shaking like a mofo. Stopped in Canadian Tire and all ice in my rims. Pulled it all out and it was fine. Makes sense… when you think of how light those balancing weights are, and compare that to the weight of the ice that has attached itself to your rim in a non-proportional manner.

It was prob the snow because, anyone who saw my rims last night knows there was snow filling every square inch, seemed ok this morning

it makes me sad to know the GTR was caked in ice and snow…

GT

Some people just don’t care…

:o

I DO CARE… which is why I wash it every morning!!

I had the same thing, lasted one day. I thought the wheels had lost a balancing weight or something because it just started out of nowhere. Pretty rough shaking, too! Then, the day after, when everything melted, the shake was totally gone.

:werd:

I remember when I did my front bushings. I didn’t torque down the front
LCAs and T/C rods. I was then expencing scary wheel shake just around
80-100km/h. Once I tightned things up, it was good to go.

If you haven’t touched any of your control arms or anything, then it’s most likely your wheel is out of balance, worn bushings, ball joints, anythng.

Get down there in the front and start checking.

nobody touched on this yet, it could be steering rack bushings, especially on a lowered car if it is lowered

it is commonly over looked

Its not lowered, Im gonna start digging when i get home :?

hey…
my car did the same thing last night too on the highway when i reached around 140…
its just from all the snow we jammed into our rims yesterday…
just chisel the snow out and it should be fine…
worked for me…
however if that doesn’t work then it could be other problems, caused from those curbs running into you :lol:

ne ways c u later hope that helps!!

peace Chaz

I cleaned it out and it seems to work fine.

same here

Why would you not torque them down??? :slap: Id be damn scared driving on the highway like that.