Hinson corvette texas mile crash

pretty sick video. Turn your speakers up. The crash gave me chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtsIBbIPW9A&feature=player_embedded

Jesus fucking christ. when i saw it go i just made like that oh shit noise you make unwillingly. Lucky he went into the grass and slid after the one roll and didnt keep going on the cement.

wow

wow man , did he lose a tire that caused it or suttin else ?

it definitely makes you want to be more cautious…and just think that those were MT drag radials. They couldnt handle the 220mph speeds and just blew up. The camaro was running the same tires, and they blew also. Scary shit.

MT drag radials blew out.

if you watch the video right before the car begins to flip, you can see the back tires blow out

the mickeys chunk up dude , i told ya guys that . mine were gone after i glew home from the lot after a little scuffle

I dont see how they run those! The extended time at those high speeds and all. I know they need the initial hook and all.

i know , but its unsactioned and shit so whatever works at the time i guess

they need supercar street tires if they are going that fast for that long… shit is dangerous

it seems like the most expensive part of the car was un-harmed. The drivetrain.

wow

He is so god damn lucky that the car didn’t dig into the dirt and flip more.

so lucky.

yeah that wreck could have been far worse. We see shit worse than that at 80mph on the northway on a monthly basis.

so that car had no cage or even a rollbar right?
insane they allow that

If u watched the video, it showed a roll bar, not much of a cage. Screw that!

the tires are hit or miss. ive personally seen cars run 220+mph on ET streets at Maxton

a few cars that have run them for multple events, making several 200+MPH passes on them

i have also seen people make multple 200 passes on some off the shelf ZR Bridgestones without any issues either. RE-11’s to be exact.

Straight from Brian Hinsons mouth

Quote:
As you have no doubt heard, the car was severely damaged near the 3/4 mile marker. We are very thankful that the driver walked away without any injury. He was flown to the hospital for an evaluation where he was released shortly thereafter. We pulled the data from the HOLLEY EFI Dominator ECU, and there was nothing wrong with the engine or drivetrain. All signs are pointing to a wheel/tire failure. The car was traveling at 230mph when it left the track, so it would have been a spectacular run for a different reason. We’re confident it would have been in the 243-248mph range.

damn very lucky man

Another domestic meathead video with a Saliva song in the background.